Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Geist get the 2e treatment?

As it says in the title.

Probably, but it is not in this year schedule.
    Last edited by Felipe; 02-09-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

One way or another we'll probably see come GenCon 2015. Fingers crossed.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Man, I hope so.

Comment

Probably; the core idea is great, but there's a LOT of improvements that could be made. I got half way through writing a 2E geist, came up with great ideas (in my biased opinion) and had great fun doing so; I can't see why Onyx Path would feel differently.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
          My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
          Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

As above, I hope so but I don't expect to see it until 2016/17. But that's OK. Part of the reason Geist copes so much flak & complaints is because it was rushed to production and the writing/editing suffered.

Eg; kerobori have several dots of keys. 1.1 fixed some of this but honestly I know the authors could have done better. Hopefully when the time comes to write 2nd edition, they'll have all the time they really need to give us the best Bound/Sin-Eaters the WoD isccapable of.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

I really hope so especially since Geist got the royal shaft during the transition time from White Wolf to Onyx Path. Only 1 supplement book to its name despite all of the potential it has. That, and the Geist core has numerous errors that were never able to be addressed beyond a sort of version 1.1 release of the book

Comment

I think the biggest impediment is lack of a developer. For Dark Eras, Onyx Path went with McFarland's wife to take up the Geist section. As far as I know, she doesn't have experience developing something as massive as Geist 2.0 would have to be. The usual developers have their hands full for some time. I'm not even sure they have any interest.

Comment

I hope Geist does get a 2nd ed, though I imagine it will be a couple of years at the very least before any serious strides are made in that direction.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

We'd have to keep buying books in the meantime, with the quality of what's come out so far though that's not a problem for me.

I assumed Baron would be writing for Geist though.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                      I hope Geist does get a 2nd ed, though I imagine it will be a couple of years at the very least before any serious strides are made in that direction.
                      It will probably be next year. They have so far schedule 2 per year(Werewolf and Mage were supposed to come out last year If I'm not mistalen), so I'm pretty hopeful that 2016 will be the year of Hunter and Geist.

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe View Post

It will probably be next year. They have so far schedule 2 per year(Werewolf and Mage were supposed to come out last year If I'm not mistalen), so I'm pretty hopeful that 2016 will be the year of Hunter and Geist.
                        If it follows the established pattern, we'll know by some time in early August.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post

If it follows the established pattern, we'll know by some time in early August.
                          I'm very curious about who they would choose to be the developer as well.

Comment

Hard to say without even knowing if they will release a new line next year or not. Assuming his wife enjoyed her experience, my guess is McFarland. Bailey needs to work on Mars, and everything else she will do. Hill is a possibility. I think it would be easier to guess who the writers might be. >.> Samedi

Comment

I also hope that Geist gets a new edition. I think there will be some significant changes to it - the stuff I've read about Ghosts in the GMC really gives me the impression that 2nd edition Ghosts are a bit different than in 1e. It just appears they have backed away a bit from the idea that all ghosts are on autopilot without Sin-Eater plasm.

Comment

Working...
                              X