Will Geist get the 2e treatment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
    Threshold makes too much sense as a splat, I think, and in 1st Ed governs a lot more than types of sineater. For Archetype, though, I'd be interested to see it become the Virtue analogue, with something related to the geist's impulses becoming the Vice analogue, so you get small doses of willpower from following your geist's whims in the moment, but more when you fulfill the core of your new life.
    Heh, to keep in with the general Persona-like vibe of the game, how about "Persona" for the Virtue analogue and "Shadow" for the Vice?

Comment

• Will this book might dabble or mention how the Bound view or react Death Mages (and Liches) or in even rarer cases Prometheans and Mummies? Or is that sort of stuff being saved for the Crossover Chronicle? Figure they do some degree ping up on Bound senses on the rare occasion that one would be in the same area as another.
      Last edited by Runcible; 10-15-2016, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runcible View Post
        Will this book might dabble or mention how the Bound view or react Death Mages (and Liches) or in even rarer cases Prometheans and Mummies? Or is that sort of stuff being saved for the Crossover Chronicle? Figure they do some degree ping up on Bound senses on the rare occasion that one would be in the same area as another.
        Sin-Eaters tend to be really unpredictable in their outlook on other Splats. Some might just see Death Mages as just another type of medium, some might be tempted to bug them for help with their condition, some might consider them blasphemous.

Same with Created and Mummies. Some Sin-Eaters might empathize with Prometheans (especially ghost-focused ones), some might feel the need to destroy them.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

• Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post

Sin-Eaters tend to be really unpredictable in their outlook on other Splats. Some might just see Death Mages as just another type of medium, some might be tempted to bug them for help with their condition, some might consider them blasphemous.

Same with Created and Mummies. Some Sin-Eaters might empathize with Prometheans (especially ghost-focused ones), some might feel the need to destroy them.
          It also would depend on how they in turn were treated by those splats. A Death Mage who sees a Sin Eater's soul as ripe for experimentation would probably be a bad starting point for a functional working relationship, just as how Vampires leaving a lot of angry ghosts in their wake would probably sour any real relations between them, masquerade aside.

Comment

• Originally posted by GimpInBlack View Post

I offered some feedback on it, but that was written before there was officially a Geist 2e and before I was officially the developer on it. So it's... close-ish in some respects, but it's also very much an outsider's view.

Keys are still in, but the powers are getting a major overhaul. It's still too early for me to want to talk about mechanics, but it's not going to be the same system as 1e. For one thing, trying to design and balance a full set of powers for every Key/Haunt* combo is an incredibly difficult task, and leads to a lot of weird, athematic powers. For another, space is a concern for PoD books. Geist 1e spent 37,000 words in Manifestations and Keys; we have about 25k for the topic. And finally, I'd like Geist to get some actual supplements this time around, and the logistics of trying to add new powers to a grid like that is a nightmare.

So expect a tighter, more thematic power set this time around. We're experimenting with some pretty cool stuff, though comma that I think will make them feel pretty mechanically distinct from the other spots.

* Spoiler. :-)

I know Geist 2e has only been on the official Monday Meetings' list for a short space of time (as creating game books goes 2 months and some change is barely any time at all) but i was wondering if another hint or sneak peak into the Key/Haunt relationship could be possible?

Comment

Working...
            X