Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What IS Plasm exactly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What IS Plasm exactly?

    It's ectoplasm, I get. Do we have any greater knowledge on what Plasm is and what significance it might have to ghosts and the Underworld?


    <3

  • #2
    The facts of ectophagia and ofrenda consumption would seem to indicate it's the same material as ghost-Corpus. Not Essence, but the stuff that holds it.


    Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

    Comment


    • #3
      So death-Resonance ephemera basically? That's what I've always considered it. What with ectoplasm being 'the stuff ghosts are made out of' I figured if spiritual beings in the WoD were made out of ephemera, obviously (ecto)plasm is death Ephemera.


      My Homebrew
      Star Wars d10
      The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
      Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

      Comment


      • #4
        Basically, I guess? From what I remember of the book, it's specifically energy associated with death, but closely related to Essence. So calling it death resonant Essence in the form of palpable ectoplasm is probably not too far off.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey man, if you have to ask what Plasm is, you'll never know.

          Comment


          • #6
            The way I run it, Plasm is sorta like a mix between Ectoplasm/Essence and the raw life force of the Sin-Eater. Much like The Bound himself, Plasm is a gestalt unite of the combined energies of life and death and has some properties of both, which is why you can gain it by eating the Corpus of Ghosts but it still has the properties nessesary to knit together flesh and such.

            Comment


            • #7
              That makes sense. I'm sure I read somewhere also that plasm is what makes up the Underworld also... Possibly a mention in the Book of the Dead?

              Comment


              • #8
                ...So the underworld is made of ghost gunk and scabs? That's both awesome and disgusting in equal amounts.


                Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
                  ...So the underworld is made of ghost gunk and scabs? That's both awesome and disgusting in equal amounts.
                  Geister wear their bones on the outside.


                  Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                  Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Krobeles View Post
                    The way I run it, Plasm is sorta like a mix between Ectoplasm/Essence and the raw life force of the Sin-Eater. Much like The Bound himself, Plasm is a gestalt unite of the combined energies of life and death and has some properties of both, which is why you can gain it by eating the Corpus of Ghosts but it still has the properties nessesary to knit together flesh and such.
                    While the gestalt idea is correct, Plasm isn't a processed thing, considering you pick it up straight from Haunts.


                    Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                    Work Blog Coming Soon
                    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      While the gestalt idea is correct, Plasm isn't a processed thing, considering you pick it up straight from Haunts.
                      It's like, organic man.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I use it as the manifestation of the Underworld's "Gravity"- the deader you are, the heavier you become, and that "weight" is represented in Plasm.


                        My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

                        On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
                        I now blog in here

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I like that idea... I am using that!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's nothing but an unstable short-chain molecule! With a weak electro-chemical bond!


                            My Geist GMC Updates
                            My Infinite Macabre Goodies
                            Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday Chronicle
                            Shamelessly pimping my book

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Essence aligned to the element of death somehow.


                              Call me Regina or Lex.

                              Female pronouns for me, please.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X