X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leetsepeak
    started a topic What IS Plasm exactly?

What IS Plasm exactly?

It's ectoplasm, I get. Do we have any greater knowledge on what Plasm is and what significance it might have to ghosts and the Underworld?

• MCN
    replied
    I always thought of it as "The Essence of Memories." Ghosts are made up of the memories of their soul. Sometimes, they have a soul, sometimes not, depending; but they are memories in either case. Ghosts gain essence from memento mori - from people remembering their dead. There's a lot of "memories" tied to the Underworld, so... that was my thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• wander
    replied
    I think it's been shifted to something different now, though having Plasm start as Essence is a cool hook. A Locus becomes a Haunt when it picks up enough Death Resonance... I think more would have to come into it, Uratha don't feed off Plasm and Sin-Eaters can't interact with Essence whatsoever, though I think it makes a good link.

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    Essence aligned to the element of death somehow.

Leave a comment:

• ErikModi
    replied
    It's nothing but an unstable short-chain molecule! With a weak electro-chemical bond!

Leave a comment:

• wander
    replied
    I like that idea... I am using that!

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    I use it as the manifestation of the Underworld's "Gravity"- the deader you are, the heavier you become, and that "weight" is represented in Plasm.

Leave a comment:

• omenseer
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    While the gestalt idea is correct, Plasm isn't a processed thing, considering you pick it up straight from Haunts.
    It's like, organic man.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Krobeles View Post
    The way I run it, Plasm is sorta like a mix between Ectoplasm/Essence and the raw life force of the Sin-Eater. Much like The Bound himself, Plasm is a gestalt unite of the combined energies of life and death and has some properties of both, which is why you can gain it by eating the Corpus of Ghosts but it still has the properties nessesary to knit together flesh and such.
    While the gestalt idea is correct, Plasm isn't a processed thing, considering you pick it up straight from Haunts.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
    ...So the underworld is made of ghost gunk and scabs? That's both awesome and disgusting in equal amounts.
    Geister wear their bones on the outside.

Leave a comment:

• malonkey1
    replied
    ...So the underworld is made of ghost gunk and scabs? That's both awesome and disgusting in equal amounts.

Leave a comment:

• wander
    replied
    That makes sense. I'm sure I read somewhere also that plasm is what makes up the Underworld also... Possibly a mention in the Book of the Dead?

Leave a comment:

• Krobeles
    replied
    The way I run it, Plasm is sorta like a mix between Ectoplasm/Essence and the raw life force of the Sin-Eater. Much like The Bound himself, Plasm is a gestalt unite of the combined energies of life and death and has some properties of both, which is why you can gain it by eating the Corpus of Ghosts but it still has the properties nessesary to knit together flesh and such.

Leave a comment:

• omenseer
    replied
    Hey man, if you have to ask what Plasm is, you'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• YeOfLittleFaith
    replied
    Basically, I guess? From what I remember of the book, it's specifically energy associated with death, but closely related to Essence. So calling it death resonant Essence in the form of palpable ectoplasm is probably not too far off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X