A wandering monster appears!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wandering monster appears!

You, you are beyond the 5th river charting the mysteries of the great below somewhere between the dominions of An-Shot-Ka and Athenaeum when suddenly to your surprise, a wandering Changeling appears! Well...at least he tells you that he is a changeling and that he has become lost down here and will surely perish if not rescued.

Do you...

A) Sorry buddy but all things must die and at least you are already in the underworld so nice knowing ya

or

B) Begin a great journey back across the rivers through dominions the likes of which mortals could never understand to save the lost one and undoing months of hard work and preparation

C) Tell him that I can find the way back well enough, but I'm not going that way just yet. If he's up for tagging along for the rest of the journey, we'll eventually get home. Any funny business and his ass is stuck down here, though.

Comment

D) I'd ask them what a changeling is... For my character is a Sin-Eater with no concept of anything fae that's real outside of fairy tales... They look pretty human to my character... They're not dead though, but they seem a bit off... Maybe they're a bit vice-addicted for getting down here.
      I'd also question them how they managed to get past all those Rivers, but then maybe another Sin-Eater brought them down here and left them...

Need more Input!

Comment

Originally posted by wander View Post
        I'd also question them how they managed to get past all those Rivers, but then maybe another Sin-Eater brought them down here and left them...
        The part about "what's a Changeling" is a good point. I've often found it odd when people assume the various splats know anything about each other.

As to how they got down there, though, aren't Changelings' lies all about cutting deals and making mutually-destructive/semi-beneficial agreements with random people? They probably just half-agreed to every toll a Ferryman demanded. (Again, the Sin-Eater wouldn't know this, but it's probably the answer)

Comment

I'd ask for an Occult roll for someone of one splat to know anything of another without any previous in-scene meetings.

Changelings would not fare well to go against their pledges, even if they're not signed on the Wyrd, it's looked down upon greatly as a True Fae tactic. Of course one that's truly mad could do such a thing. I'd have figured the Charons have some kind of networking though and the Changeling would get flagged for it, so end up getting dumped unceremoniously in the Ocean of Fragments if it tried to renege again.

Comment

Working...
          X