Phantasmal Marionette + Boneyard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantasmal Marionette + Boneyard?

So I had a player pose this question to me: would activating a Phantasmal Marionette disrupt a Boneyard?

Mostly because the Marionette says the the Sin Eater goes comatose upon activation and the Boneyard requires the Sin Eater to be in a trance like state to maintain the Boneyard. Is going comatose considered "disturbing" the body of the Sin Eater and thus would need a Resolve + Composure roll? Or is the difference between comatose and trance like not enough to warrant a roll?

I do ask out of concern for balance as well. Mixing a Boneyard with the ability for the normally vulnerable Sin Eater to dematerialize (I assume that means to go to Twilight) with a potentially powerful Geist running around on defense seems like a very high reward, low risk combination.

I'm somewhat of a new storyteller, so I'm all ears.

While we're at it:
    1) What happens if your Phantasmal Marionette is damaged/destroyed?
    2) PM says you can access all your powers while riding the marionette, but if you use something that affects your body (Caul, Shroud) would it affect the marionette, or your sleeping body?

Comment

Originally posted by Flintlock View Post
      So I had a player pose this question to me: would activating a Phantasmal Marionette disrupt a Boneyard?

Mostly because the Marionette says the the Sin Eater goes comatose upon activation and the Boneyard requires the Sin Eater to be in a trance like state to maintain the Boneyard. Is going comatose considered "disturbing" the body of the Sin Eater and thus would need a Resolve + Composure roll? Or is the difference between comatose and trance like not enough to warrant a roll?

I do ask out of concern for balance as well. Mixing a Boneyard with the ability for the normally vulnerable Sin Eater to dematerialize (I assume that means to go to Twilight) with a potentially powerful Geist running around on defense seems like a very high reward, low risk combination.

I'm somewhat of a new storyteller, so I'm all ears.
      This is late, I apologize, but I would say that it would disturb the Boneyard; if nothing else, it would cause the body to go out of its trance-like state and force the Sin Eater's perceptions into a more focused area. At worst this would cancel the Boneyard, at best it simply causes a new body to go into a trance-like state.

However, another combination that could be rewarding is if the Sin Eater were to use Phantasmal Marionette and then use Phantasmal Boneyard, as it would cause the Geist-body to go comatose but allow a Boneyard to be placed in a more opportune area. This would leave the Sin Eater body prone, but hopefully in a less conspicuous place.

Originally posted by Ophidimancer View Post
      While we're at it:
      1) What happens if your Phantasmal Marionette is damaged/destroyed?
      2) PM says you can access all your powers while riding the marionette, but if you use something that affects your body (Caul, Shroud) would it affect the marionette, or your sleeping body?
      1) For the sake of balance, I'd say that the damage gets transfered over to the host of the Marionette, since their mind and Geist are kind of riding in one body. It wouldn't make sense if damage to that body didn't amount to anything.
      2) It probably affects the Geist body, since that's where your mind currently is. The only exception I can think of is if you used Caul/Shroud first, then Phantasmal Marionette, where the effects are left on the old body and thus unavailable for the new one (it seems that a single instance of a manifestation can be active at once at a time).

Comment

Working...
      X