Chronicle Idea: R.I.P.D.-ish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicle Idea: R.I.P.D.-ish?

So, I was watching (well, listening too) R.I.P.D and-WAIT! Don't leave yet! I know it was a bad movie (well, it was fun but bad), so most people are quick to dismiss it as a M.I.B. ripoff (which it totally is), but that doesn't change the fact that a Geist game with some of the Agency elements would be fun! Here's my thought:

Instead of going after Ghosts, or rather instead of JUST Ghosts, they would hunt down everyone that's trying to cheat Death. Vampires, Mummies, Immortals, Mages that try and extend their lives, etc., those that should never have lived, Prometheans, Demons, etc. and then maybe some of the others, the ones that are part spirit themselves, can be the "Cops" of their own beat, i.e. Werewolves police Spirits of Nature, Possessed police the Demon beat, etc. They cross over sometimes, like with the Demons or with a Nature Spirit of Death.

Anyway, that's the idea. They work for an agency. If I were to run it, which I may, I'd be REALLY tempted to use the basic outline of Orpheus, so you know how that would go!

Thoughts?

[QUOTE=blindST;n669321, or rather instead of JUST Ghosts, they would hunt down everyone that's trying to cheat Death. Vampires, Mummies, Immortals, Mages that try and extend their lives, etc., those that should never have lived, Prometheans, Demons, etc
    [/QUOTE]

I thought that was Abmortals

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

I thought that was Abmortals
      Abmortals would probably also fit there, yes.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Sure! Abnormals can go on the chopping block too! More the merrier. After I posted I thought of this too: What if the different part spirit groups are just different divisions of the same Agency? I could make Angels the head of the Agency or at least the talking heads of it. Also, I think I'd use part of the Hunter stuff. In specific, Advanced Armory would be cool, maybe Relics and Thaumatechnology, though I could see using both of those as something the "Rival Agency" uses. Maybe two Rival Agencies? The one using Thaumatechnology could be a private sector firm. Just some thoughts.

Comment

Working...
        X