Normal Resurrection vs. Revenance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal Resurrection vs. Revenance?

Okay, so I am confused. on Geist resurrection it says you come back but you lose a point of Synergy and your maximum Synergy is reduced by 2. Then the Revenance merit says that when you die your maximum Psyche does not decrease but you lose a dot as normal. Then the drawback is your Maximum Synergy is reduced by 1.

So, wait what? Resurrection and Revenance don't mesh.

Originally posted by AbsolutGrndZer0 View Post
    Okay, so I am confused. on Geist resurrection it says you come back but you lose a point of Synergy and your maximum Synergy is reduced by 2. Then the Revenance merit says that when you die your maximum Psyche does not decrease but you lose a dot as normal. Then the drawback is your Maximum Synergy is reduced by 1.

So, wait what? Resurrection and Revenance don't mesh.
    The Merit states, effectively, that coming back won't drop your maximum Synergy by 2 (so coming back the first time normally drops you from 10 maximum to 8 maximum), but instead your starting maximum is stuck at 9.

Words of Wisdom from the Forums:
    "Don't be unlucky and get dead by a wolf-man."
    "Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

I believe the text of Revenence is based on an earlier draft of the book, and it got overlooked in the revision process.

Comment

Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
        I believe the text of Revenence is based on an earlier draft of the book, and it got overlooked in the revision process.
        Also possible. That's one of the reasons I really want to see Geist 2E sometime.

Words of Wisdom from the Forums:
        "Don't be unlucky and get dead by a wolf-man."
        "Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
          Also possible. That's one of the reasons I really want to see Geist 2E sometime.
          Out of all the gamelines, Geist needs it the most.

Promethean, Changeling, and Mage are all excite me but Geist is without a doubt, the one that needs it the most.

Comment

So, how do Revenance is used? Does it just slow the Synergy decay?

Also, I was wondering about the potential lifetime of Sin-eaters. With the explanation of Revenance, a Sin-eater would at best live until 190 years old (by killing himself every decade) if he does not want to see his health decrease. Then, he would either lose his last Synergy point and maximum, so he would become a Wretched, or he would start to lose health (and thus, he could live again grossly about a century before being too weak). But this is an extreme example and quite a pityful state so, unless a Sin-eater become the founder of a Tier 3 krewe (quite a feat), they are all limited to more or less 80 years of existence.

I am quite amazed that the WoD necromancers don't have any other possibility to extend their life. Have I missed something?

Comment

Sin-Eaters (via Giests) are actually counter to unnatural life extension. One of their antagonists are jumped up immortals.

Besides, they are hard enough to kill as it is, you want them to be ageless as well?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Sin-eaters, yes, but all the Bounds do not pursue the goal of Sin-eaters. I don't want them all to be ageless (even if I don't see how it would be a problem : vampires, demons and others are ageless as well), I want to know if there are means for them to extend their life.

In the Book of the Dead, one of the Kerberoi is a Sin-eater. Well, not much is said about the mechanics but I suppose his state makes him ageless. Or does he not age because he is in the Underworld (as some living humans can get lost there for a long time, I am not sure if the Underworld does something specific or if the lifetime remains unchanged)?

Comment

The Benefit says your max Psyche does not decrease at all. So, the reasonable reading would be the Drawback of having your max Psyche decrease by 1 is an error and instead you only lose a dot.

SWTOR Referal: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQ2nqy

Comment

Why does the Revenance merit mentions Psyche at all? Shouldn't it just say Synergy every time?

Comment

Yes, it should be Synergy.

SWTOR Referal: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQ2nqy

Comment

Working...
                      X