No announcement yet.

Oblivion, the Tempest, and the nWoD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This does raise another question: do you think geists are basically akin to Shadows in regards to Sin-Eaters? How would you explain the difference between them, and Spectres?

nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
    WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
    and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

That would require us knowing what a geist IS. They were never given an origin, besides the fact they popped up in the Underworld. I don't think I'd make them Spectres though. They arn't as nuanced as geists.

My Homebrew
      Star Wars d10
      The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
      Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
        That would require us knowing what a geist IS. They were never given an origin, besides the fact they popped up in the Underworld. I don't think I'd make them Spectres though. They arn't as nuanced as geists.
        So from a wraith's perspective, treat 'em like plasmics?

and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

They definitely come from people, so they arn't plasmics. They are just different from normal ghosts and we don't know how they go from 'ghost'
          to 'geist'. I'd put them as just another weird thing that can happen to ghosts, different from wraiths.

My Homebrew
          Star Wars d10
          The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
          Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

Fair deal.

Comment

I don't know enough about Oblivion to give feedback myself, but another user created a thread for his attempt at an NWOD Wraith. There is also Wraith: The Arising, but it is incomplete.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Regarding the Tempest, I was thinking that it acts as the pool in which the emotions, memories, and identifiers of the dead culminate in, coalescing into plasm that so much of Restless society uses to build and survive. Meanwhile, such remnants toss and turn as they're processed into byways, from which the Rivers of the Dead will form upon descending through the Labyrinth (Autochthonous Depths) to reach the Underworld's Dead Dominions. It'd make sense, since the conflict of negative and positive elements would then act as hot and cold, causing maelstroms much like a natural form of weather would in the Skinlands.

It'd also make it a little easier to forge things, since not everyone leaves a ghost, and the Hierarchy doesn't exist anymore.

Edit: just realized that's exactly what the Tempest is portrayed as. I am officially embarrassed. O_o
                Last edited by MrParaduo; 11-04-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                  There's also the Death Cycle that nWoD's mummies experience; but the highly personalized nature of that trek makes me suspect that it might be “all in his head” and not any sort of shared geography. I might be wrong, though.
                  IIRC, Death Cycles occur in Twilight

Comment

I've actually been thinking of incorporating ideas in this thread for some time. I never played CWoD before, but elements of its Underworld being incorporated into the NWoD version definitely sounds interesting for me. I might rename the Tempest to the Maelstrom for my stuff, though. Seeing as I'm using the fan-splat Leviathan: The Tempest as well. Although seeing as we have other terms being used by two (or more) game lines for different things, like the Bound or Muses, among other things, I suppose I could just keep the Tempest named as is.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                    Age of Azar
                    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Working...
                    X