No announcement yet.

Keystones as anchors for a high Psyche?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keystones as anchors for a high Psyche?

Hey guys, it's Korogra after a long time of silence ( as per usual for me, but many of you know that.), how are all of you? I have been working on a very long, very expansive Geist campaign over the course of three + years, and not to spoil too much for those in my group who do troll the forums for when it is finally finished and I play it with them; one of the plot points involves a character who has achieved a high level of Psyche and at the behest of a vision of the future and the mythos of his Krewe binds his identity to his own keystone in the hopes of creating an even greater union between him and the Geist he is bound to in the form of making it his anchor as well. Even though I have fleshed out exactly what happens to the this character I am curious- what do you all think the outcome of such an action would be? Even if you believe that mechanically nothing would be different aside from a potentially indestructible anchor, I am excited to hear your theories on the matter!

Interesting idea, but I feel that an anchor for a high Psyche Sin Eater would probably need to be in something of the living world, to keep him/her from wandering too far into the land of the dead. A keystone is, by its very nature bound to a Geist and thus part of the dead. It's always house-ruleable, of course, but I feel that might require some kind of weakness to not be an instant +1 option to the players' stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
      Interesting idea, but I feel that an anchor for a high Psyche Sin Eater would probably need to be in something of the living world, to keep him/her from wandering too far into the land of the dead. A keystone is, by its very nature bound to a Geist and thus part of the dead. It's always house-ruleable, of course, but I feel that might require some kind of weakness to not be an instant +1 option to the players' stats.
      That is a good point, but I should point out the Keystone is as much of an anchor to the living world for the Geist as it is the "unbeating heart" of the creature, so it's still an object that represents a tie to the living world, it just so happens to be ghostly like the mini death god who's identity is tied to it.

Comment

Just a side question, is your game up anywhere?

Onyx Path Moderator
        Forum Rules
        This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
        [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post
          Just a side question, is your game up anywhere?

No, the vast majority of it is written in a pair of notebooks, and what little I do have in a digital format is the last few weeks of work I was doing before I had an accident that broke my computer screen- not that the file would make much sense in or out of context without my notebooks lol. Why do you ask?

Comment

I enjoy reading Actual Plays, part of why I put them up. I like seeing the stories, the characters, and what I can learn and use from them.

Onyx Path Moderator
            Forum Rules
            This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
            [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post
              I enjoy reading Actual Plays, part of why I put them up. I like seeing the stories, the characters, and what I can learn and use from them.
              I see, sadly I probably would never put an actual play up here, I haven't the time to do so and won't for s long time to come.

Comment

Working...
              X