The Midnight Suns (help with a Krewe)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Midnight Suns (help with a Krewe)

Some friends and I are gearing up for a midnight roads style sin eater game; but with a twist. Before I really get into I was hoping for suggestions on this particular game since the game line is missing a few supplements.

Premise of the game: In the frozen tundra of the northern reaches of the arctic circle, when a death occurs, ghost have stopped sinking to the mysteries for an unknown reason. Instead they simply wander the tundra until driven insane by an unknown force of entropy. In the century, no one has discovered why; however, our Krewe, The Midnight Suns, was founded a few decades ago with the distinct purpose of ferrying those ghost to the closest gate possible.

Problems: Well, the method transporting these ghost is Ghost Train. I'm thinking something like a refurbished Orient Express or maybe something entirely fabricated out of dead dominion known as the Junkyard.

In either event, what should it do?

I was thinking of it as a mobile haunt or a momento. Or even more brokenly, A mobile dominion; that's held in place by our mysterious and deceased krewe founder's geist, The Conductor, who could have the stats and numina of a kerboros. But how could that be possible and what are the ramifications of such a thing?

Any help that anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated because while I'm sure we'll be fine, I'd love to make sure this thing gets done as close to correct as possible for the sake of future games in this setting.
    Last edited by mefathiel8; 11-22-2015, 07:14 AM.

Not sure about having a Dominion/Kerberos out of the Underworld.

Probably a "ghost train" comprised of a mix of refurbished train parts, Junkyard components, and Manifest ephemera.

Possible power/abilities include:
    • Acting as a "bonus" Anchor for all ghosts (allowing them to ride it without Essence Bleed.
    • Opening Avernian Gates in hill/cliff sides (allowing the train to enter the Underworld. And become a Subway).
    • Might be able to run on any train tracks - or even no tracks at all, by forming rails out of ectoplasm/ephemera.
    • Train whistle might immediately end ghostly hostilities/make them docile/bring them to the train (to ease in collecting ghosts, making sure they don't fight on the train, and for that creepy scene of "being surrounded by hostile ghosts, then a whistle is faintly heard. Suddenly, the ghosts stop attacking and silently glide away into the night, leaving you alone.")

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts, I knew the dominion out of the underworld was a stretch but it was something I wanted to put out there; you never know what someone may think of if you give it a nudge. Let me know if you think of anything else because the game is gonna be monthly so I've got a month to dwaddle between sessions.

Comment

One thing to consider is whether to enforce a "no ticket" (think of the scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) policy. On the one hand, it allows for great scenes. On the other, it raises a logistics question of how ghosts get their "ticket" in the first place.

Comment

Any cross-over involved?

I thought of the problems a ghost-focused Mummy could cause (raiding the train for ghosts like some kind of bandit).

Comment

Well for better or worse, my circle of gamers always crossover the gamelines. I don't know the full extent of it this time but the storyteller has mentioned mage and vampire thus far. As far as Mummy goes, I doubt the storyteller will use Mummy but I think it'd make for a very interesting "precious" cargo for another passenger.

Comment

Oh, and the "no ticket" scene will most definitely be a thing

Comment

Working...
              X