Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What If A Sin-Eater And Their Geist Wanted To Have Children?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If A Sin-Eater And Their Geist Wanted To Have Children?

Yeah, weird question, I know. A lot of Geister are just plain monstrous in appearance and don't wrap their heads around human feelings all that well (and explaining why mommy/daddy is a ghost is a whole different can of worms), but let's make an exception for the sake of story. My first guess is that they would have to travel to a Dead Dominion with a Kerberos who is like a fertility deity of some sort, and earn its favor through a grueling but ultimately fulfilling quest. But what would such a quest entail? Maxing out Synergy and keeping it there for a time while the Kerberos sends agents to test the would-be parents?

I mean, it can't be as simple as buying a Ceremony that lets the Geist ride a fresh corpse (which is disrespectful to the deceased in question, to say the least).
    Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 12-29-2015, 09:40 AM.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Originally posted by GottaGoFeast View Post
    I mean, it can't be as simple as buying a Ceremony that lets the Geist ride a fresh corpse (which is disrespectful to the deceased in question, to say the least).
    Wings of the Moth, I think is the one you're looking for.

Also due to the duration of the Ceremony, the Sin-Eater needs to be female, unless you also have some sort of acceleration for the baby's growth (with ST permission, you might be able to use a Spring Changeling's "Yesterday's Birth" to accelerate the pregnancy, if the Sin-Eater is a male).

My homebrew hub.

Comment

Is the Geist even really a separate entity, once Bound, though? Makes it rather hard for them to animate an independent vessel.

Also, I love how weird and WTF this question is, and yet how I can still totally see it come up in a Geist game and not look too wonky.

I know there are Underworld rivers that confer supernatural fertility. And that everything is "solid" (considered the same ephemera) in the Underworld, thus solving the material/immaterial problem. Main issue is whether a Geist can be truly apart from their Sin-Eater. Even things like Phantasmal Marionette have the Sin-Eater possess their Geist.

Gives whole new context to "go screw yourself".
      Last edited by Vent0; 12-29-2015, 02:11 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
        Is the Geist even really a separate entity, once Bound, though? Makes it rather hard for them to animate an independent vessel.

Also, I love how weird and WTF this question is, and yet how I can still totally see it come up in a Geist game and not look too wonky.

I know there are Underworld rivers that confer supernatural fertility. And that everything is "solid" (considered the same ephemera) in the Underworld, thus solving the material/immaterial problem. Main issue is whether a Geist can be truly apart from their Sin-Eater. Even things like Phantasmal Marionette have the Sin-Eater possess their Geist.

Gives whole new context to "go screw yourself".
        Hey, if Technolyze: Edit & I has a girl have sex with her own central nervous system, I can damn well have kids with the voice in my head!

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by amechra View Post

Hey, if Technolyze: Edit & I has a girl have sex with her own central nervous system, I can damn well have kids with the voice in my head!
          "Timmy, I've told you before, put your hand back on when company is over."

But if you even become separated, who has custody?

Comment

I feel weird answering this but have you checked out "Goblin Midwife" contract from Changeling the Lost, specifically Goblin Markets, page 25. I bet this would help if you could get the Sin-eater and Geist to perform the procreative act, possibly with the Wings of the Moth.

If not that, then appealing to a spirit with Influence: Pregnancy 4 or equivalent for help could get the job done. I ran a game in Tempe AZ with Kokopelli plotting against two lovers who both had First Changes to become Foresaken (Player Character of Course), and that spirit had that influence.

As a side note: That sounds like an extremely unhealthy relationship to have with a geist seeing as by definition it has made itself an abstracted aspect of death alienated from humanity.
            Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 12-29-2015, 04:51 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
            "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Rule 36, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                Rule 36, man.
                ​36? I know what 34 is, what's 36?

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."

Comment

Originally posted by Mangle77 View Post
                  36? I know what 34 is, what's 36?
                  "There is a niche market for any given instance of the material implied by 34."

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                  Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Once Bound, the Geist and host are more akin to sharing two personalities in one body than distinct individuals. The Geist would have to undo their entire Bargain and leave the body before anything could happen. And, possessing another body just for a quick rut is, frankly speaking, little different than going to a sperm donation center when it comes to the actual child part. And its not like we can't get into variations of masterbation with the variety of Shrouds, Cauls, and krewe merits if you want to talk about sex instead of kids.

If you want the child of a ghostly / geistly being, its possible, but one would have to undo the Bargain if you wanted the same ghost in the head.

Comment

Interesting question.

I think one thing to reflect upon is that at one point in the past, a Geist may have been a human. If some of the speculation is true, then they are a once human ghost who lost their anchors and replaced them with concepts. Drawing upon this former humanity (should this be the case) would seem to be the symbolic link to them having truly reproduce rather than it merely being an imitation of reproduction done through magic.

Perhaps employing some type of bane upon the spiritual nature of the Geist, weakening its grip upon its conceptual archetype until it turns back more into a ghost would help recover some of its humanity. However such a ghost without anchors would plunge into the underworld and the bound would lose the bargain, falling into death and remaining in Twilight. It would then be up to the rest of the Krewe to somehow unite the two star-crossed lovers back again within the Underworld. But the ancient ghost that formed a Geist plunges quickly down the layers of the underworld, losing itself quickly and the ghost of the Bound can sense that it doesn't yet belong in the Underworld, bound by its anchors and the residue of the bargain.

Two ghosts, both partly human but both subtly more, with ties back to the living world and the body which once anchored both of them... maybe, just maybe something could be possible if they were brought together within the underworld. Then the spiritual concept of the Geist could be reawakened turning them back into a small god of death that guides their souls back to the body and restores the bargain. Perhaps with an extra soul along with them, to anchor within the body as a new life.

It wouldn't be easy and it would take some leaps of faith and a miracle, but it just might be possible.
                      Last edited by Michael Kenner; 12-31-2015, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X