Memento Vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memento Vehicles

Does anyone know if there's a particular method to making a memento vehicle? Does one simply do the Create Charm ceremony, use a more specialized form of it, or do they just naturally form?

This is something that I've found a frustratingly small amount of info on, and yet it intrigues me so. About the only thing I've found is that it makes traveling with the Sepulchral Gateway faster and or more convenient.

Different kinds of momentos have different origins, so you'll need to be a tad more specific, do you mean charm cars?

Kennedy's limo is already memorabilia,

Heck, in Midnight Roads it mentions the possibility of ghost or revenant cars.

Comment

Literally the only mentions I've found of a vehicle being a memento is in the Sepulchral Gateway ceremony and Kennedy's Limo as memorabilia. Are they just like any old memento then, simply mobile?

Comment

The plain Amelia Earhart went missing in would be a cool example, if you could get it fixed up and flying.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
        My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
        Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

It's more for creating them, rather than ideas for them; I'm unsure if one just uses the same Dedicate Charm ceremony to make a more mundane charm, or if there's a more specialized method. It's due to a character of mine in a game I'm going to run transforming the Volkswagen Beetle that killed him (he returned as a Sin Eater) into a memento vehicle, and I want to make sure I'm doing things by the book, as it were. I just wish that the writers had thought to add "memento vehicle" to the glossary, because it's just vague enough I can't figure out whether it's unique or just a moving memento.
          Last edited by Taidragon; 01-25-2016, 12:10 AM.

Comment

A memento vehicle is just a memento that happens to be a vehicle.

Comment

Yeah, I concur, a car charm/vanitas/fetter/memorabilia, I can't actually see a geist dying and creating a car for a deathmask, is just a charm/veritas/fetter/memorabilia that happens to be a car.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know guys; I kind of figured as such, but I just wanted to make sure. I imagine that the ceremony involving it would involve more success than standard though, given the size and effort to decorate the thing.

Comment

Working...
                X