Geist Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geist Questions

Quick Poll/Question about something that wasn't covered too much in the 1e book, and hopefully will get a bit more time in 2e (I maintain if we keep referring to 2e as a thing, it will happen. Right?)

How do Geists look?

Obviously, the whole point of Geists are that they can look like anything at all, from super abstract back to mostly human, but (in your own opinions) is there a general set of hard and fast rules around the appearance?

Just as one example, do Geists generally mirror the mode of death of the Sin Eater they're merged with? ( i.e. a Forgotten Sin Eater who drowns comes back with a Geist who looks like a water-logged sailor, wrapped in chains, etc)

Another related question - do Geists see each other? Interact with each other? Can a Sin Eater see and/or interact with another's Geist?

Also, do sin Eaters look normal to each other, or do they see them as they would have died instead (i.e. that Forgotten Sin Eater from above looks wet, bloated, discoloured, etc to the rest of their Krewe).

Possibly silly questions, but just things that could merit from a little more coverage in 2e, I think.

Originally posted by baileyborough View Post
    Just as one example, do Geists generally mirror the mode of death of the Sin Eater they're merged with? ( i.e. a Forgotten Sin Eater who drowns comes back with a Geist who looks like a water-logged sailor, wrapped in chains, etc)
    Nope, Geists are their own identities that existed long before the Sin-Eater, so their looks are their own and have nothing to do with the Sin-Eater. This is actually covered in the 1e book. :P

Another related question - do Geists see each other? Interact with each other? Can a Sin Eater see and/or interact with another's Geist?
    Geists are visible and interactable by other Geists and Sin-Eaters unless they choose to hide within the Sin-Eater. This was also covered in 1e.

Also, do sin Eaters look normal to each other, or do they see them as they would have died instead (i.e. that Forgotten Sin Eater from above looks wet, bloated, discoloured, etc to the rest of their Krewe).
    You should read the Deathsight section in Chapter 3, it covers this pretty well.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

Right then. That's shown me. Thanks.

Comment

To be fair, a lot of this was something I wasn't entirely sure of either and I've read the book a fair few times, so it's good for clarification all around.

Comment

Geists can look like just about anything, but I prefer to describe them as more obviously "strange." The Bound in my (on indefinite hiatus) crossover chronicle has a Geist that looks like a young woman, a "Rosie the Riveter" type factory-worker who was murdered during WWII. But the character's "mentor's" Geist is full-on Ghost Rider.

Geists tend to gravitate towards people who shared the same type of death they did, but this is not a requirement. But there should be some kind of logic (alien though it might be) for why this particular Geist chose to offer the Bargain to this particular dying person.

Geists/Bound can recognize each other for what they really are, same way they can see ghosts and ghost-related phenomena. I like to describe Bound looking at each other as like a double-exposed image, they see the actual person, but also the Geist within/around them, whichever is appropriate.

My Geist GMC Updates
          My Infinite Macabre Goodies
          Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday Chronicle
          Shamelessly pimping my book

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowKnight1224 View Post

Geists are visible and interactable by other Geists and Sin-Eaters unless they choose to hide within the Sin-Eater. This was also covered in 1e.

Can someone tell me page or chapter?

Comment

Working...
            X