Fulfilling Archetypes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulfilling Archetypes

I often feel the texts don't really go into a lot of examples of what a Sin-Eater can do to fulfill their Threshold Resonances and acquire Plasm through it. It's easy enough to figure out what a Torn would do, Death by Violence and all, maybe a Silent too by starving someone to the brink; but what would a Forgotten do? I'm not a hundred on how far one can try to set up a scenario and still let it be chance that nearly/does kill someone, or what a Stricken could do to cash in other than maybe force shitloads of drugs onto someone and make them overdose. Any clear examples to bring for the Thresholds?

EDIT: Also evidently I mixed up the names a bit; the topic name is meant to be "Fulfilling Thresholds" rather than Archetypes, my bad.
    Last edited by Karavolos; 02-25-2016, 06:09 PM.

Yeah, I really don't know either. I don't what my character would do for threshold resonance (stand in a sinking canoe?)

Comment

Any thoughts would be appreciated, mostly on the Forgotten and Stricken if it helps narrow things down.

Comment

For Forgotten I usually have them come back by taking chances, via gambling (maybe 1) or something more dangerous.

Our Silent who died of speedballing does Heroin and Cocaine to get Plasm back.

Stricken is hardest for me. One in our Krewe was poisoned, so she can use poison on herself (more deadly dose=more Plasm). One that actually died of disease will take some thought.

Onyx Path Moderator
        Forum Rules
        This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
        [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

I imagine the Stricken might fulfill their Threshold by venturing into disease-filled places, like hospitals. In the past, entire sections of cities were sometimes quarantined out of fear of the plague, and a Stricken from that time might get plenty of Plasm just by wandering the abandoned streets and visiting with the afflicted.

Comment

Worth remembering that getting plasm through Threshold resonance pretty much just requires proximity and connection — illness-based Stricken can deliberately pull a Typhoid Mary, for instance.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
            Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post
              For Forgotten I usually have them come back by taking chances, via gambling (maybe 1) or something more dangerous.

Our Silent who died of speedballing does Heroin and Cocaine to get Plasm back.

Stricken is hardest for me. One in our Krewe was poisoned, so she can use poison on herself (more deadly dose=more Plasm). One that actually died of disease will take some thought.

I always thought that for Forgotten it would be very situational. For example, my character died in a boating accident (hence my standing in a sinking canoe comment.) Gambling would not make much sense for her to do as far as fulfilling archetypes goes.

Comment

Which is fair. Chance just seems closely tied. I guess it depends on how much you see the themes grating plasm vs. specific events. We have a Torn who was killed by an IED. I've still let him recover a little from gunfire. He would recover more from something closer to his death. Just how I do it, of course.
                Last edited by Baroness Nerak; 03-22-2016, 12:35 AM. Reason: IED. Not IUD. I dare not imagine how that would have happened...

Onyx Path Moderator
                Forum Rules
                This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
                [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

Working...
                X