Geist 2E: Archetype inflicting Tilts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geist 2E: Archetype inflicting Tilts?

So, in an effort to make Archtype have more of a direct impact, I was thinking it might let you inflict an appropriate Tilt upon a target or the Scene (modeled on the Conditions certain Auspices can inflict in Werewolf 2E). As well as offer an RP specific method of regaining Plasm a bit quicker than the current model.

Here's my heavily second-guessed and vague notes, thus far:
    • Reaper: Reaper’s Mark (bonuses toward the target’s death), regain Plasm by ritually dedicating kills.
    • Celebrant: Celebrant’s Revelry (inter-social rolls easier and party to regain willpower like a Vice), regain Plasm from new experiences/indulging their Vice.
    • Mourner: Mourner’s Wake (???), regain Plasm by disassociating with your previous life.
    • Gatekeeper: Gatekeeper’s Lock (disrupts Manifestations and channeling), regain Plasm by ejecting ghosts from the living world, or the living from the Underworld/Twilight.
    • Pilgrim: Pilgrim’s Path (promotes feelings of peace and contentment, and prevents things from becoming Anchors), regain Plasm by freeing/severing people from potential Anchors.
    • Advocate: Advocate’s Hearing (bonus to ghostly interaction and forces ghost to give the Advocate a chance to speak), regain Plasm by resolving ghostly business.
    • Necromancer: Necromancer’s Insight (ghostly numina become easier or harder to activate), regain Plasm by finding out something about a ghost/the dead/the Underworld.
    • Bonepicker: Bonepicker’s Bazaar (???), regain Plasm but acquiring items or services you wouldn’t have been able to before your Bargain.

Thoughts?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

With my 2e conversion I took a leaf out of Demon's book and made archetypes give a condition that gives plasm instead of beats when you do something thematically appropriate, and can be resolved to make unlocking a manifestion cost nothing if your doing the thematic thing.

The idea of being able to give other people tilts is interesting though.

Comment

Archetype already has an impact as probably the most reliable way to get Plasm and discount Manifestaiton costs; it's not very well highlighted though. Making it into a Condition for 2E makes sense to me too.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
      My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
      Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
        Archetype already has an impact as probably the most reliable way to get Plasm and discount Manifestaiton costs; it's not very well highlighted though. Making it into a Condition for 2E makes sense to me too.

Yeah, on the Plasm-recovery side, I was thinking of a small, quick option too. Like the Willpower recovery methods for the Virtue/Vice replacers - big effort leads to a full recharge, small effort leads to a point.

As for the Tilts, part of it was to mirror Werewolf 2E (which Sin-Eaters kinda-sorta-funhouse mirror on the ghost side of things), and the other part was so that a Reaper is actually better at killing, a Celebrant at partying, a Necromancer with dead stuff, etc.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I am also considering having archetype specific merits and making it so each archetype has an additional breaking point for if you act directly opposite to how your archetype.

Comment

I hadn't considered that, but I like the idea.

CofD booklists:
            Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Here is the basic gist of how I structure archetypes:
              Bonepicker
              quote-y soundy text

Four to five paragraph description of bonepickers. Lorem ipsum, etc. etc

Nicknames: Cryptkeeper, glutton, ghoul, graverobber, mummy
              Breaking Point: Allow someone to take away something that makes your life considerably comfortable without resistance.
              Concepts: Magician who uses ghosts for his tricks, a true medium, a thief who can unlock any door, student who uses ghosts to cheat on her tests, a guy who manipulates the neighbourhood around his home with ghosts to make it safer at night.
              Condition: Resting in Peace.
              Krewe: Bonepickers lend themselves to taking on the position of being a Conjurer or Maven.

Resting in Peace - Archetype Condition
              Your character sees living comfortably as one of their primary concerns and isn’t above using ghosts and their supernatural talents to achives this comfort.
              Plasm: Take advantage of a ghost or one of your sin-eater abilities in such a way that it increases your standard of living.
              Resolution: This can be resolved whenever the Sin-Eater is unlocking a seal with the goal of directly improve their quality of life, causing this instance of unlocking the seal to not cost any plasm or willpower.

Comment

Working...
              X