Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bound Ceremonies

Basic idea:

Sin-Eater conduct a Ceremony as normal. But before they finish it, they seal it within a Memento (with a Rank at least that of the Ceremony they are binding, so 5 dot Ceremonies need to be bound to Memorabilia, for instance). There after, they can unlock the Ceremony as an Instant action while spending a point of Plasm. Each Memento can only "hold" one Ceremony at a time.

This would allow mid-Scene usage of some Ceremonies, albeit with restrictions to prevent things from getting out of hand. This would also let more niche Ceremonies and powers to be developed that might have "need it done sooner than a ritual" applications.

Thoughts?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Its not for me. I like the idea of Ceremonies taking time and effort to enact. Some might be suitable for bottling but I would have to consider them long and hard. I don't think your idea breaks the game, it just doesn't match my preferred play-style / feel.
    Last edited by ThomasM; 04-03-2016, 08:06 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasM View Post
      Its not for me. I like the idea of Ceremonies taking time and effort to enact. Some might be suitable for bottling but I would have to consider them long and hard. I don't think your idea breaks the game, it just doesn't match my preferred play-style / feel.

Fair enough. This idea was for urgent usage of things like the healing Ceremony when called for. It's very niche, in general, but it enables Ceremonies (which are easier to develop custom powers for than the Key + Manifestation system) that are combat applicable.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I'd limit it to only 1 Ceremony per dot of Psyche.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

Working...
        X