On the Phantasmal Marionette

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Phantasmal Marionette

I'm a little confused as to how exactly this works. For the sake of bringing others up to speed, I'm going to quote the basic description of the power.

Instead of exercising control over some external thing or person, the Sin-Eater seizes direct control over her own geist. With this power, the Sin-Eater can cause her geist to manifest externally as a spiritual body that she may then possess and control. While the geist-body is manifested, the Sin-Eater's own body collapses into a comatose state, and she is completely unaware of what goes on in her vicinity. The Sin-Eater must make a normal Marionette activation roll, but the plasmic tendrils do not extend outward from the Sin-Eater to his target but instead coalesce in front of him, forming a phantasmal body under his control.

I get that this is intended to create a kind of ghost-avatar, but what are the stats of it? Do you use the Geist's stats or the Sin-Eater's? The later powers allow you to add to stats as well as add things like unarmed Lethal damage and flight, but it never says what stats you're building off of.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

My copy says "the geist-body has traits equal to the Sin-Eater’s own normal traits, but it has its own, usually horrific, appearance. As such, the geist-body gains a dice bonus on all Intimidation rolls equal to the activation successes."

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
      My copy says "the geist-body has traits equal to the Sin-Eater’s own normal traits, but it has its own, usually horrific, appearance. As such, the geist-body gains a dice bonus on all Intimidation rolls equal to the activation successes."
      Heheh... Yeah. I just re-read it and it turns out I missed that *facepalms*

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

It's not an uncommon thing to do, the original ( digital) version before 1.1 was super freaking wonky, and would sometimes hide blocks of text. So I understand missing stuff xD

Has anyone ever wondered what you could do with the Phatasmal Marionette is using a Elemental Oracle? I think it is a nice subversion of the Oracle's limitations regarding physical interaction in a very broken way... essentially just building a plasmic body around your astral consciousness.. well theoretically. There's nothing that says it can't work, but then again I may be just exploiting an oversight. still, fun way to make use of two stupidly powerful abilities in tandem. Mind you,ideally both being at 5, though really you can have the lowest level of Marionette and be fine- as long as E. Oracle is level 5 though. Elemental Oracle at any lower level makes this sort of thing pointless unless you are needing a way to quickly interact with something, but don't have the time/luxury of just hauling your body there to do so.

Comment

Working...
        X