Geist 1.1 Errata

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geist 1.1 Errata

So I recently discovered that one of my favorite games, Geist, has finally gotten some errata to help balance it out a bit and smooth over all the mistakes and rough edges. However I found out that apparently White Wolf never bothered to just make it into a normal Errata document the way that companies like Wizards do, and instead updated their pdf instead and offered it to those who could prove that they had purchased the first book. Well I have a physical copy of Geist the Sin Eaters, but the offer from White Wolf to send in a picture of yourself holding the book in order to get the updated pdf is obviously long over with since they don't even own WOD anymore. So my question is this. Is there any way to get just the Errata that I don't know about? Like did anyone ever finally put together a document on their own or am I going to have to spend another 20 bucks to get the pdf from drivethrurpg? I know 20 bucks doesn't seem like that much to pay but I am extremely short on funds right now (broke), I don't really feel that it's right to make a customer pay for simple errata, however I am currently playing in a 6 man campaign that could really do with some errata. So are there any other options to get the content I need or am I forced to have to rebuy the book again?

I would send a PM on here to Rich Thomas, he may be able to honor the picture based deal still.

FYI, White Wolf does still own WoD/CofD, Onyx Path Publishing holds the license to publish tabletop RPGs based on those properties.

Comment

I thought Paradox interactive bought them out? Who owns what for this game and where to go to talk about it has gotten awful confusing. Also thank you for the info. I will PM him and see if that is still a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Emparawr View Post
        I thought Paradox interactive bought them out? Who owns what for this game and where to go to talk about it has gotten awful confusing. Also thank you for the info. I will PM him and see if that is still a possibility.
        Paradox bought White Wolf from CCP; it's always been White Wolf, just under different owners. White Wolf is still a separate subsidiary from the rest of Paradox Interactive, with a CEO of its own and everything.

As for who to talk to, generally you are safe talking about it here. If something is really on White Wolf to decide then people here are more than happy to direct you that way.
        Last edited by ElvesofZion; 06-15-2016, 04:40 PM. Reason: Added answer for other question.

Comment

I would honestly get the PDF and get the errata from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Emparawr View Post
            So I recently discovered that one of my favorite games, Geist, has finally gotten some errata to help balance it out a bit and smooth over all the mistakes and rough edges.
            Don't get your hopes up. The errata was not that extensive, and doesn't fix many of the problems the game. Burn love letters in a Ceremony and pray to the Horsemen that we get a 2e.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspel View Post
              Don't get your hopes up. The errata was not that extensive, and doesn't fix many of the problems the game. Burn love letters in a Ceremony and pray to the Horsemen that we get a 2e.
              Right.

Probably gonna need a lot of rum and coke to work that kind of mojo. No, put down the cans, I didn't mean that Coke.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Working...
              X