Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    wait- what? who? when? what?! what???

that just caught me 100% off guard. Sin Eaters don't have souls. Sin. Eaters. Don't. Have. Souls. ha. haha. hahahahahaha. It's just so... so... so...

its the craziest, weirdest, most appropriate thing I've ever heard. It's just so... right. All the internet arguments people had over whether or not ghosts should have souls, and that even without souls ghosts are still people- and now, this.

Sin Eaters don't have souls.

That's just awesome. Geist is awesome. This is the best thing ever. Being a person while not being a person, being alive, while still with one foot in the grave. Pure nihilism, which gives birth to the greatest celebration ever. Dancing with the dead in the carnival of life. So many images, so much beauty and tragedy and pain and hope and lust and shadows and light that its is just amazing. The gods of death being the trash of heaven, clinging to the cloths of pale horsemen as they ride toward the apocalypse and laugh all the way out. You are dead- but alive. You are a miracle, you are nothing. Who needs souls nowadays- not you. You just wear a mask instead and join the festival.

I'm sorry- my synesthesia all flared out because of that sentence, and I had to write it down. It's just that awesome. No matter what other changes Geist is going to have, I think that this little thing is the best one.

Sin Eaters don't have souls.

That's awesome.
    ..... Kindly excuse me while I explode on this one, too.

Okay, that is one of the biggest changes I did not see coming for Geist 2E.

It definitely amps up the wierdness factor for them when it comes to interactions with the other splats. Mages might be weirded out by this revelation, seeing as two Arcana deal in the manipulation of the soul. Mummies would lump them into the Lifeless category since the lack of a soul means no Pillars (unless the Ka and/or Sheut is substituted by the Geist himself). Changelings and Prometheans would be similarly disturbed, seeing as the former lost parts of their soul to the durance and the latter are trying to transmute one through their Pilgrimage.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• Damn. What would a Promethean think of that? Here they are, craving a soul and a normal human existence, empty and lost. Then there are Sin-Eaters, who are also empty but not "bothered much" by it and who still get to enjoy all the benefits of life. I'm getting a whiff of potential resentment and conflict...

Comment

• Whenever I imagine Sin-Eaters in a crossover environment, I always end up imagining each of the Bound's geists having a persona that ties to the other splats. Sin-eaters who bargained with Longius, Lycaon, Oberon, Osiris, Ammut, Angels, and Nyx. Toying with the other splats mythology would probably be rather amusing to some of the non-sacrosanct bound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chesh View Post
          Damn. What would a Promethean think of that? Here they are, craving a soul and a normal human existence, empty and lost. Then there are Sin-Eaters, who are also empty but not "bothered much" by it and who still get to enjoy all the benefits of life. I'm getting a whiff of potential resentment and conflict...
          ironically, in order to get a New Dawn a Promethean has to die and drink from a River- meaning that in order to get a soul, Prometheans has to learn how to lose on. I wonder what Geists would think of the Created drinking from the Rivers like they did, especially since the first lose their humanity from the act and the later gain it from doing so. Perhaps we will get something about it from the Crossover Chronicles.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

My new flagship project- Vigilant Times! Take a look and feel free to help

Comment

• Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
            Whenever I imagine Sin-Eaters in a crossover environment, I always end up imagining each of the Bound's geists having a persona that ties to the other splats. Sin-eaters who bargained with Longius, Lycaon, Oberon, Osiris, Ammut, Angels, and Nyx. Toying with the other splats mythology would probably be rather amusing to some of the non-sacrosanct bound.
            Ah this is a great thought. I did not think of that...thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X