Geist: The Sin-Eater Booklist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geist: The Sin-Eater Booklist

Geist is notorious for getting the short end of the stick on books due to its awkward timing, but even with 2e on the way, that's not quite true. I've compiled a list of all the Geist material I can find with links to DriveThru in an effort to provide some useful reference material for everyone. Geist actually has a decent number of SAS modules!

2e
    - Geist 2e (Date TBA)
    - Chronicles of Darkness
    - Hunter: Mortal Remains
    - Tales of the Dark Eras Anthology
    - The Pack

1e
    - Geist 1e
    - Geist Ready Made Characters
    - SAS: The Return of Mr Monster (featured in Quickstart Rules)
    - SAS: Dem Bones
    - SAS: The House Always Wins
    - SAS: Through the Ebon Gate
    - Book of the Dead
    - Dark Eras
    - Three Kingdoms of Darkness
    - Beneath the Skin (Blue-Book)
    - God's Own Country
    - The Wolf and the Raven
    - Dark Eras Companion
    - A Fearful Lesson (Beast)
    - Foreboding Lands
    - Lifting the Veil
    - Inferno
    - Immortals
    - Glimpses of the Unknown

Bundles
    - Geist Starter Kit
    Last edited by Second Chances; 06-07-2017, 03:33 PM.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

2e:
    If we're listing Glimpses and the anthology separately, there's also Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras itself.
    Sin-Eaters receive one of the better chapters in Mortal Remains for Hunter: the Vigil.

1e:
    Ready-Made Characters: this is contained in the Starter Kit bundle, but since you list the other books in it separately as well, is worth pointing out. Easy to overlook.

Comment

And then there's new content in the Dark Eras Companion once it comes out!

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post
        2e:
        If we're listing Glimpses and the anthology separately, there's also Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras itself.
        Sin-Eaters receive one of the better chapters in Mortal Remains for Hunter: the Vigil.

1e:
        Ready-Made Characters: this is contained in the Starter Kit bundle, but since you list the other books in it separately as well, is worth pointing out. Easy to overlook.
        Thanks. I actually edited in Dark Eras as part of 1e, since those were the mechanics it used, while you were posting. Totally forgot about ready made characters. I wasn't originally going to include Mortal Remains, but on second thought, I'll edit it in.

CofD booklists:

Comment

Chiming in with info from my last readthrough of the line to note that some of the bluebooks Geist Core lists — Antagonists, Second Sight and Midnight Roads — are also generally useful for coming up with assorted occult and/or ghostly weirdness, as is Immortals.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
          Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Nevermind, I just noticed Book of the Dead was listed in the first post.
            Last edited by Mangle77; 09-13-2016, 01:58 AM. Reason: Redundancy.

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."
            I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangle77 View Post
              Let's not forget Book of the Dead. While technically a "Blue Book", no one benefits from it more than Sin-Eaters.
              Book of the Dead is already in there. I counted it as a Geist book. I may add a section for useful Blue Books as per Satchel's suggestion tomorrow

CofD booklists:

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

Book of the Dead is already in there. I counted it as a Geist book. I may add a section for useful Blue Books as per Satchel's suggestion tomorrow
                Based on the Aztec chapter for Dark Eras, Skinchangers might also see some use, if being less directly related than others.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I actually think Inferno is a great book for Giest because demon ghosts, sacrifical murders causing ghosts, and the Possessed who in some ways are a really dark mirror for Sin Eaters.

Comment

I've updated a bit, adding in CofD Core, Immortals and Inferno.
                    Last edited by Second Chances; 01-18-2017, 05:39 PM.

CofD booklists:

Comment

While I am expecting we will be getting playable ghosts in 2e, there are rules for experience costs for spirits in The Pack which can be transferred to 2e ghosts in Geist. I have added it.

CofD booklists:

Comment

Updated to include the Dark Era Companion

CofD booklists:

Comment

Updated to include individual eras and the Beast Chapter, since it has Geist crossover.

CofD booklists:

Comment

Updated with links for Three Kingdoms of Darkness & The Wolf and the Raven.

CofD booklists:

Comment

Working...
                            X