Effective weapon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effective weapon

What do you think is the best tool / weapon that someone can use to neutralize a Vampire without taking much risk?

Depends on what you mean by risk. Only the risk involved when fighting a vampire, or the risks stemming from having to obtain the weapon and from the consequences of using said weapon?
    In the former case I'd say remote detonated mines. Anything that keeps you at a distance for all those nasty mental effects and melee attacks. Flamethrower is also a great tool since it does obscene amounts of damage towards vampires, but then you have to get up a bit too close and personal for your own safety unless the vampire doesn't enter fear frenzy from the fire.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

The Sun seems the obvious one. Doesn't work as well as it used to but still.

Comment

This is a little unorthodox, but my personal favorite is just the right rumor to put the spotlight of society onto the vampire. Then just wait until they get so frustrated with being followed and talked about that they either leave town or willingly enter Torpor. Then just stake them when they sleep and drag them out into the sun.
        Last edited by Dusksage; 11-10-2016, 06:45 AM. Reason: Spellcheck.

Comment

Originally posted by Montgomery Crobes View Post
          What do you think is the best tool / weapon that someone can use to neutralize a Vampire without taking much risk?
          A stake driven thru the heart with a mallet during the victim's daysleep.

Comment

A cruise missile.

Comment

How much risk is too much? You probably want something ranged and incendiary, but the main thing to remember is that vampires are smart too. If you start picking them off from a distance they're going to change their movements and behavior to make that more difficult, and will probably start trying to find you and attack you from a similarly safe distance. Risk is relative.

Comment

A small car bomb? I mean it will pose very little risk to your character immediately, but the authorities will be very interested

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to bring claws to a gun fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusksage View Post
                  This is a little unorthodox, but my personal favorite is just the right rumor to put the spotlight of society onto the vampire. Then just wait until they get so frustrated with being followed and talked about that they either leave town or willingly enter Torpor. Then just stake them when they sleep and drag them out into the sun.
                  Or until the Prince decides such vampire is too much of a risk and sends the Sheriff to do the work for you.

Comment

Raistlin, happy coincidence actually.

Although that does bring up Hunters who know a little about how Vampire Society works. In those cases this might be the most effective way of actually eliminating them, cause the Vampires to start killing each other.

Comment

I don't play in a Hunter game, but in our Changeling game we saw a Hunter take down a Vampire with the UV headlamp on his motorcycle. Don't know if that is something you can normally do or something our Storyteller just made up.

Comment

gadren how long did it take to kill the vampire?

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to bring claws to a gun fight?

Comment

The weakness is mystical so it requires the actual sun or a supernatural representation that can create sunlight (such as a Helion). Just UV light does nothing to a vampire. Not even a tan unless the vampire is using Blush of Life.

Edit: At least in VtR. I just realized Hunter has different rules for dealing with supernaturals that I haven't read up on.

Comment

Task Force: Valkyrie has an UV grenade that can send vampires into a fear frenzy, but doesn't actually hurt them. I'd tread any other artificial sunlight this way. It can't hurt a vampire, but a strong and sudden enough blast can send them into a frenzy.

Comment

Vampires had to take a frenzy check if someone lit a flashlight in their face in VtR 1E so a UV flashbang seems quite likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X