Supernatural Thule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supernatural Thule

Topic name is word play, as it is both about Thule variant with supernatural powers for Hunter AND Thule version from Supernatural TV show.
    Let’s start with the second – here is nice video clip explanation of group – see from 1:55.

Thule in TV show are dark magicians bent on rising dead, that earlier started Nazi Party.

And here is sum-up of what Thule done in TV series to this day.

Now to Hunter part – from obvious reasons I wanted here to talk how to incorporate elements from SPN Thule into Loyalists of Thule in Vigil. ‘Immortal necromancers’ and their High Command sounds a lot like Three Men from Munich. In CoD universe, there is somehow connection to original Thule with Mysterium mages Order faction that wanted to destroy civilization, so some ‘black magicians’ teachings have a ground work ready to be spread. There are even Atlantean Kings in Loyalists dogma!

Greatest challenge is how to make Hunters Compact to possess sorcery? Or maybe make proper Thule the witches ( from Witch Finders ) and Loyalists as subverted Hunters that hunt cursed black magicians of they forefathers?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-12-2016, 10:03 AM.

MtAw 2E - My Legacies and System Hacks Hubs
    WtF 2E - My Lodges and System Hacks Hubs
    WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

It really depends on how restricted you feel magic is. I always felt the Loyalists have access to spells, hexes, and jinxes, since they have such a massive repository of ancient secrets. Plus there are the rules from Witch Finders on gutter magic, and I think there's a book with a section on hedge magic as well. But full blown sorcery, that feels a step too far, especially if they're going to be subverted in your plan.

Comment

I've made them a conspiracy-Endowment in Going Up the Tiers which is based around having a ghost-network based around the occult knowledge of Rmoahal ghosts. Their Verzauberung function may be helpful for you, considering it allows them to mimic the magic of monsters using the knowledge of the pre-human ghosts.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P

Comment

In my personal canon, many of the founding Loyalists were members of the Karotechia, the Ahnenerbe's overtly occult division from Delta Green, either overwhelmed by the guilt of aiding the Nazis with magic or acquired by the Americans after the war in a sort of supernatural PAPERCLIP op. Things get especially fun if the Karotechia is still kicking around, ancient Nazi bastards propping up a failing-but-volatile network of criminals, hate groups, and undead.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          There are even Atlantean Kings in Loyalists dogma!
          I've mentioned this in other threads; in my canon, Thule is a misspelling, and while the Cthule Society never found Atlantis, they DID find ANOTHER sunken city full of lost, forbidden knowledge: R'lyeh.
          Greatest challenge is how to make Hunters Compact to possess sorcery? Or maybe make proper Thule the witches ( from Witch Finders ) and Loyalists as subverted Hunters that hunt cursed black magicians of they forefathers?
          ​You could pull some powers from "The Cult of Things That Should Not Be" section of Second Sight, and maybe some items from Reliquary.

Comment

You could also just directly model it upon Benedictions, but instead of miracles and feast days, it is sorcery and stellar conjunctions. Depending on how much work you want to do, sometimes all you need is a new name and coat of paint. Boring, but it works.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
            X