New Professions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Professions

With Hunter 2.0 coming along, I was wondering if we will see any new Professions in the core book. I really hope they add some kind of unusual jobs like maybe clowns or gamers. That would be hilarious and cool. Just imagine playing rpgs all your life and one day you stumble helter skelter into the real thing (just like The Last Starfighter). Honk honk.

I don't know, the professions we already have cover a lot of ground. Like clown can fall under artist, and gamer under athlete (Reaction time)

Comment

Oh, I did not know that. Thanks, Flyboy.

Comment

I mean, they may include professions from expansions into the new core book

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to bring claws to a gun fight?

Comment

Remember that CoD Rulebook has compilation of common Professions from Hunter 1E corebook and little advise on making your own.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
          My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

There are quite a few skills that only have one Profession keyed to it; i.e. Larceny to Criminal, Computers to Hacker, Stealth to Hit Man. Subterfuge to Politician, Brawl to Thug, etc. It would be nice to have a canon selection of Professions to give players options if they want specific Asset Skills without having to jam themselves into an unfitting Profession or homebrewing a specific Profession.

I'm actually VERY surprised that some of these skills are locked to one Profession.

Comment

What's wrong with homebrewing professions? I personally only see them as suggestions and take two-three skills that are fitting to the character's common actions (while acting in their profession) rather than looking up which prewritten profession would be closest.

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                What's wrong with homebrewing professions? I personally only see them as suggestions and take two-three skills that are fitting to the character's common actions (while acting in their profession) rather than looking up which prewritten profession would be closest.

Oh, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with homebrewing. Heck, I have a Word Doc dedicated to all the interesting rules I've found on these boards. However, it's kinda like a player expectation thing. It's like looking at a list of weapons and realizing that there isn't a stat block for flails. Granted, CofD has rules in place that help facilitate the creation of an equivalent (a heftier nunchaku, perhaps), but it sorta creates a "That works, I guess" effect. The tables give off a "These are your only legal options" effect that could restrict some players.

Granted, if you're playing with people who are familiar with CofD or are willing to work with homebrew, then the point is moot. Me, personally, I like the prewritten Professions because I like having a bit of direction.

Comment

I think a Hunter 2E would simply reuse the Professional Training version in CofD core where it's explicitly written that you can create your own profession.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                  Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Working...
                  X