Hunter 2e Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter 2e Kickstarter

So the newest MMN floats the question of Kickstarting the new edition of Hunter and all new edition corebooks going forward. I figured starting a forum thread to discuss the topic was the smart thing to do, as I know it's been discussed here prior.

I'm all for it, especially because the possibility of funding supplements through stretch goals (and thus, guaranteed interest) is a smart move that ensures the health of the line going forward, something I know a lot of folks have been concerned about with the previous 2e books and their relatively few supplements so far.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Hell yes, I'd back a Vigil 2e Kickstarter! For that matter, if they wanted to go back and Kickstart premium editions of Requiem, Forsaken, Awakening, Created, and Lost, I'd back the fuck out of those too, especially if it meant the possibility of guaranteed supplements as stretch goals. But I guess that's not the question at hand. At any rate, yes, please Onyx Path, do this with Vigil! I wouldn't thrilled.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I'd be into the hilt on this one. It would be neat if some of the stretch goals could be to add extra cities to the "Hunting Grounds" chapter.

CofD booklists:
      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
        I'd be into the hilt on this one. It would be neat if some of the stretch goals could be to add extra cities to the "Hunting Grounds" chapter.
        I'd be down for that.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
        Work Blog Coming Soon
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

I'll throw my money on it :P Heck, I'll get a credit card for the Kickstarter alone! (I don't use those, but I got one to back Dark Eras, and it was blocked shortly afterwards. Still, it was worth it)

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
          I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
            I'll throw my money on it :P Heck, I'll get a credit card for the Kickstarter alone! (I don't use those, but I got one to back Dark Eras, and it was blocked shortly afterwards. Still, it was worth it)
            Lmao that's awesome!

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I've been awaiting a Vigil 2E Kickstarter with bated breath pretty much since Vigil 2E was first announced as a possible thing. So yes, my money, take it.

As a corollary question, do we know whether Vigil 2E has actually started production? Or are they still going over submissions and/or waiting on resources from OP to free up?

Comment

Since it hasn't appeared on the Monday Meeting 'First Drafts' list I'd make an educated guess to say writers haven't started writing yet.

Aims to write stuff you like.
                WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams
                CofD | Werewolf the Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide
                The Trinity Continuum | ├ćon

Comment

Definitely supporting Kickstarters for all CofD Corebooks.

Politeness is the lubricant of social intercourse.

Comment

Exactly! Its what I've wanted for all the CofD lines. Kind of wish they had done it sooner since there's clearly support out there for other lines, but its good that they eventually got around to it.

Comment

Yes, I would participate to the Hunter 2nd Ed kickstarter, my favorite OP line after Exalted and before Mage. So, when does it start ?

Comment

I'm a bit wary. I mean, this is an Onyx Path forum, if you go to the trouble to register you're probably already pretty heavily invested in CoD. Yeah, I'd back a kickstarter on day one but that's not exactly news.

Comment

Hunter isn't the highest game on my list to play, but I'd be interested in backing the Kickstarter. If nothing else, Hunters serve to connect the other supernaturals to humanity more innately than even their onw histories can, if through a double barrel shotgun. Hunters embody the fear of the Other, which is by and large lost when one becomes that Other - they just are more proactive about it than the average person is. I love that concept, among others that Hunters represent, and that's why I'd back the kickstarter as soon as I could.

Fortunately, we do have Mortal Remains to tide us over, but for the other supplements, I agree, we need an update.

Comment

Ditto what everyone has said. I would gleefully kickstart H:tV 2.0.

Comment

Take my money.

Please.

Comment

Working...
                              X