Slasher Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slasher Update

I don't know what's happening with Slasher in the CofD, if the writers are planning a 2E treatment or not, but I… I can't stop. I must do it again. Again. Again. Again. And again. Until they're all gone. Then I have to wait until next year, until the Anniversary. I can't stop. It started with vengeance, but I've gone farther. A part of me is horrified to learn I am trapped in a tale no longer of my telling. The other just wants more red on my hook.

I can't wait for you, Onyx Path. It must happen sooner. The Anniversary is near. Friday the 13th. When that happens, I must redden my hook again.

To that purpose, I want to update Slasher for my own games. A homebrew solution in the spirit of CofD.

I like the Undertakings and the Ripper-Scourge types, but I have beefs with the Talents and the Frailties. I feel they need a bit of an update.

So I'm trying to think of how to do that.
    I'll post ideas as they come to me.

Originally posted by Serpent Axis View Post
    I like the Undertakings and the Ripper-Scourge types, but I have beefs with the Talents and the Frailties. I feel they need a bit of an update.
    Could not Frailties work as Weakness mechanics of Horrors from CoD Rulebook ( like Bans or Banes ) and Talents simply as limited Dread Powers? It would SOOO MUCH simpler all things...

MtAw 2E - My Legacies Updates and System Hacks Hubs
    MtAw - Children of the Stars - aliens loving Legacy
    MtAw 2E - Illusionists of Truth - illusionists and magicians Legacy

Comment

Yeah, using the Horror rules is a good patch job.

Fortunately, it seems that Hunter 2E is going to reintroduce Slashers as the main plot-instigator, in the same vein of Strix for Vampire, Idigam for Werewolf, and such.

Oh, and I've seen some homebrewed 2E updates somewhere in the forums. Try searching, and maybe you'll find what you want?

Comment

Click the index in my sig; a full update of Slashers can be found within, along with a couple of new undertakings. Sentinels / Wardens were especially well received.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
        My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
        Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

Working...
        X