Hunter made Deviants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter made Deviants

so, while there is a lot we are yet to know about Deviant, we know that its main shtick is playing someone who was transformed and is now chased by some hidden conspiracy. On the other hand, we have Hunter- who actually have a dozen of actual conspiracies hidden in plain sight, who may do some terrible things in the name of their Vigil. While the Cheiron Group was mentioned more than once as a possible "deviant making conspiracy"- they are far from the only one with the means and motivation to do so- so I've thought to myself why shouldn't we explore the possible outcomes of when each such groups creates a Remade?

Ascending Ones- there is a new Elixir on the market, all fresh and new from the Temple. It is said to give you superhuman capabilities above the abilities of any other Elixir- enhancing strength, speed and intelligence among all others. You got it, tried it- and it works just like promised! Too bad they forgot to mention the nasty side effects- like, the fact that if you won't get a regular dose of it, there is a small chance you would explode. You know, around 100% chance, more or less.

Aegis Kai Doru- a new artifact was discovered by Sword fanatics, one they claim to come from the days of the Neolithic era, while mankind lived in no more than small huts and was scared of its own shadow. It is the heart of a god, they say- and they have an idea to explore. Maybe of they were to replace their human hearts with godly ones, they would regain the powers which where stolen from them. They asked for a volunteer. You said yes. It was painful as hell- but you made it, and it looks like they were right. You have magic powers now.. and a sleeping god which tries to eat your soul. They say they have to kill you to free you from your misery- but you know the truth. The god told it to you. They want to keep that heart for themselves.

Cheiron Group- how many taumatech does it take before a human stops being human? Let's check it out!

Lucifuge- having only 666 enhanced hunters in the conspiracy all bound to a certain lineage does have an effect on the level of influence a certain conspiracy may have, so it is a little wonder that the Lady of Milan has announced an experiment meant to create "synthetic 7th Generations"- children of cursed blood made through genetic engineering and occult rites stolen from hell in an attempt to rise their numbers. It may have taken a while, but after years of research- the serum is ready. Congratulation! You have just made the Anti Christ!

Malleus Maleficarum- you always felt the saints on your side, guiding you on your path to serve the Lord and fight the spawn of Satan. Searching after a way to fulfill your fate, you joined an hidden conspiracy inside the church, where you learned theurgic rites meant to help you channel their powers and fight the darkness. Yet, something never felt quit right. The rituals felt too empty. You searched for something more.. intimate, more loving,. You wanted to feel the saints' touch on your skin and hear their voice in your hears. You went to a lone monastery, were you fasted and prayed and begged for a full week- until a luminous image manifested before you. You breathed it in- and it didn't came out. You left the monastery filled with rejuvenated faith and zeal, going to spread your revelation through the church. Only then you discovered that since the instant, all Benedictions dedicated to the saint has stopped working. They want to separate you apart- and even if that was ok with you, that includes separating you from your mortal coil, which you kinda like.

Task Force: VALKYRIE- the american government conducting secrets experiments in order to create super soldiers enhanced by advanced technology and chemical serums only to lose control over them? Gee, I've never seen that coming...

so- what are your thought about hunter-made deviants?

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

My new flagship project- Vigilant Times! Take a look and feel free to help

Not all spells can be committed to parchment, and not all beasts can be held with chains of metal; sometimes the Knights of St. George call upon a being of vice so profound that it can only be held within a prison of flesh, and you - perhaps a failed aspirant, or possibly just an unlucky witness to something impossible - were chosen to be the disposable vessel for their most recent act of hubris. The anti-words scribed onto your skin burn when you call upon the angry void they trapped within your heart, but you intend to return the pain they've delivered onto you a thousandfold before It consumes you from the inside out.

Taken from your parents entirely too young, an endless parade faceless men and women in suits and white coats did terrible things in order to expand your consciousness, a psychic stretching to the brink of bursting all in the name of some cruel patriotic ideal. They shattered your body and your innocence so that you could be a hunting hound across the shared dreamscape of the human race unleashed to kill nameless nightmares that stalk the soul. When one of them tried to devour your even as you tore out its throat, something deep within you broke, and you slipped the leash in a manner that your brain mercifully fails to remember. You're barely more than a child and alone in a world lost to you for years, but your hatred of the people who did this to you lights the path ahead: the Merrick Institute must burn.

It's all so foggy, now. You remember trying to kill a dead woman, and then you remember the dead woman trying to kill you, and then you remember fire and pain and shouting and... quiet. You died, and looked down at your broken body from above, distantly curious as the birds came for your corpse (they started with your eyes, which bothered you less than you expected it to) and then made nests of their bloody hunger-holes, but wasn't it crows that ate the dead, not owls? Death passed from you like a bad dream, the taste of metal a new friend in your mouth as you clawed free of the debris of that burnt farmhouse, the name of Cain ringing like a bell in your skull.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

You don't know what to do. You believed in the Vanguard Unit's mission - you still do, how could you not? But that serum they stuck you with did things you - twisted your mind and body until you don't know the difference between your own flesh and madness. It can't be allowed to go on, but should you destroy the group or just try to cut out the rot?

Illuminated Brotherhood: Worst. Trip. Ever.

They'd tell you it was the fault of the cult that pulled you in. But you were happy there - it wasn't until they took you, and subjected you to their so-called "deprogramming" than you gave way - mind, body, and spirit alike. Now one truth burns at your centre, keeping you - almost - whole. Habibi Ma must pay. [I wanted to include one group that's as benevolent as can be, and probably right about who's really to blame]

Comment

The Promethean Brotherhood uses the Rite of Hecate to steal the magic of witches, and they yearn to make that permanent. They've succeeded at refining the Rite to make a version that does just that... and are now trying to put down the magic-berserk monster that used to be one of them.

The Faithful of Shulpae devour the flesh of the gods to join their divinity. After all, you are what you eat, right? Then could not the Faithful devour each other to refine their acquired divnity? One Battle Royale later, the answer has been born.

Comment

It was all about proving it, about finally getting some Goddamn answers. But no, nothing is ever so fucking simple. Leave it to the Open-Minds to strip away the safeguards. Too late for you to realize the mistakes though. Now here you are, the ultimate mistake of Null Mysteriis.

Comment

Is there a reason a bunch of pills is called a cocktail? If so, this is the worst party you've ever been to. And it won't stop. Sure, it started out simple, a dose of Blue Drops to see across the Green Screen, a Red Capsule so you'd know when the invaders were coming, a steadily-increased intake of Black Lozenges to keep the aliens out of your dreams. But at some point you just shoved too much candy down your throat at once, and something great and terrible happened. Now you're always checked in, and also always checked out. The mask is your face and the world is a beautiful nightmare of shifting realities and uncomfortable truths. You're your own handler these days, but the Hotel still thinks you need to settle your bill before you leave. And those pills don't come cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
              Is there a reason a bunch of pills is called a cocktail? If so, this is the worst party you've ever been to. And it won't stop. Sure, it started out simple, a dose of Blue Drops to see across the Green Screen, a Red Capsule so you'd know when the invaders were coming, a steadily-increased intake of Black Lozenges to keep the aliens out of your dreams. But at some point you just shoved too much candy down your throat at once, and something great and terrible happened. Now you're always checked in, and also always checked out. The mask is your face and the world is a beautiful nightmare of shifting realities and uncomfortable truths. You're your own handler these days, but the Hotel still thinks you need to settle your bill before you leave. And those pills don't come cheap.
              Who do I have to pay to make the Hotel canon?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

If we can do fan ones... They said you owed a debt to society, and that society owed a debt to the land. The deal was supposed to be that you anchored something, but you didn't really get the details. Whatever it was, it was too big - it broke you open. But you survived. And now society owes you - starting with those Lord Steward bastards.

KSV-21 is tailor made for this. Especially if we link it to the Soviet sineater conspiracy from Geist - Deviants could easily be made by the former trying to artificially recreate the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                  If we can do fan ones...
                  *looking at all my homebrew*

you know, I don't think I even have the right to not allow that :P

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

Comment

It started with a letter. Mr. Jones' own friends in the government had been interested in your "talent for improvisation", they called it. They wanted you to take an all-expenses trip to South Africa, to meet with someone meant to "bring out your fullest potential." Unfortunately, part of what drew Division Six to you in the first place was the fact that you detest asking questions of your superiors, despite ones that occurred to you in rapid succession like "Why are we heading to the ass-end of nowhere?", "Is there a reason we're heading underground?", "What's up with all the Eye of Horus designs?" "Er, is that a straightjacket?" and finally "OH GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!" The Shroud of Observation tried to suffocate you alive, tearing your too-empathetic soul out of your body...except you knew exactly what was going on, having dealt with something called a Tremere that did something similar with human souls before, and dedicated all your willpower to keeping your spirit in your body. Your will proved stronger than the Shroud's safety features and you somehow caused it to glitch into thinking you were safe and pacified before it released your spirit as the ultimate spy...along with the rest of you. You aren't sure how you escaped, but you saw what and who the Panopticon really was inside of their selfish, lying minds, and precisely how much they were projecting whenever Mr. Jones told you about the evil of "reality deviants.". For the sake of your buddies, it's your job to ensure they pay for their lies...if only your enemies-turned-friends would stop poking you to see your "internal Mysteries", that would be nice.

Comment

You don't really have much of a grudge against the Talbot Group: they managed to get that monster out of you, but you're not really any better off with the tear in your soul it left behind. The Group want to help you, but you've had enough of their help. But at least they don't want to hurt you. Not like some of the others who've started following you.

Comment

It was supposed to be a simple addition, your handler had told you that the serum was a different dosage than usual. It was something new, but you knew that they had everything over your head. The things you did, the things you did in Chechnya that will stay with you forever. Only something about this dose was vastly different. Something that made you know that those burning feelings you got from the previous injections weren't just hallucinations. By the time you were aware of the world around you again, something had changed. You didn't need the injections anymore, but Section 9 wants you more than ever now.

Comment

A few of the more...extreme members of the already-extreme Army of Truth had come up with some sort of procedure using some shit stolen from Cheiron. The "ultimate witness", they called it. Naturally, you volunteered. Now, you're full of cameras, audio recorders, microphones, nearly every recording device known to man with special filters that help you see the unseen. Network Zero wants to see a monster? They want to prove to the world monsters exist? They better be careful what they wish for.

STREAM STATUS: LIVE.

Comment

Les Mysteres: you stood before the Moon God, looking the shapeless monster as it swirled and changed. Its army of false spirits and empty bodies surrounded it, reaping the local spirits apart. They had no place to run- but you. You knew you shouldn't do it- no one may try to have more than spirit ridding his flesh- but you did. You opened yourself for the spirits, and they came- engulfing you, squeezing themselves into your soft flesh, digging into your bones, moving into your brain, coiling around your heart. So many voices filled your ears, and you were sure you were going to get crazy- but your rites, willpower and pure chance have protected you. You remained on control- and with the powers of thousand spirits guided by mortal will, you scattered the monster army and banished the nameless terror. However, it looks like while the ritual helped you maintain your sanity in the cacophony of alien voices, it couldn't terminate the possession. Now you have your former allies hunting you as a spiritual abomination, countless voices singing in your ears- and a terrible Moon God taking interest in your existence.

Hototogisu: There is always a price to pay. You were a natural talent at money making, and keen eye to the supernatural. You were recruited to the organization, and showed great potential. Heck, you have even got "employee of the month" for three times in a row! When your boss called you to his office, you were sure you were going to get an heck of promotion, together with bit rise in your salary. It truly looked that way, as he kept saying how a catch of employee you are, and how much you benefit the corporation, and that you could do so much more. But success comes with a price- and there is always a price to pay. Then, you took a sip from your glass- and the world turned black. Then the nightmares came- at least, you think they were nightmares. You hope they were nightmares. Cuckoos screamed at your hears, picked your flesh, trying to get beneath the skin, the muscles, the bones, the heart. And then, one of them plucked something out (your soul) and it hurt like hell. And then, it put something in (its egg?) and it hurt like thousand hells. You woke up in your bed, unscratched, and it really looked like it was all a big bad dream. Until the egg hatched. Now you have a cuckoo in your heart, and it always tries to steal things- wealth, friends, lovers, magic, life. It steals them, and gives them to you. If you would leave it unchecked, it would steal everything it sees- but you stop it. Not because you care- but because you are going to use it to steal back what was take back what was stolen from you. There is always a price to pay- and it is time for the Hototogisu to pay their's to you.

Comment

If we can do Homebrew

Tired of asking for help from their younger cousins across the pond, and with the blessing of the Queen and the Church, the Knights Of The Round Table decided it was time to take extreme action. Taking a loyal Royal Air Force serviceman and adding experimental cybernetics and occult rituals they made what could have been the perfect Knight. Superhumanly strong, fast, resilient, with a keen mind and commanding presence. The only thing standing in the way was that damn free will of his, something he wasn't willing to give up.

Everything else I had was already touched on.

Comment

Working...
                              X