Thaumatechnological Alchemy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thaumatechnological Alchemy

With Cheiron's oft-haphazard in-field "upgrades", a possible story hook could be that one of the PCs could have all their implants suddenly coalesce into something different, something more powerful at a painful cost. It is kinda like a reaction in a alchemical mixture, hence the title. Also could a Qashmallim's wings of fire be used for Thaumatech? I mean come on, Wings of Fire!

Hmm. Any number of anime could provide possible inspiration, especially the ever-ubiquitous 'demonic arm' trope. In particular, Ashitaka's curse from the boar-demon in Princess Mononoke might be an interesting way to go.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

By that point, where the whole becomes greater than the sum, I'd say the Cheiron hunter becomes a Deviant.

Wings of Divine Fire would be awesome. Now, if only there's a way to actually capture qashmallim...

Comment

That and not give every Pandoran within a mile radius a false start with those supper yummy Pyros wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusksage View Post
          That and not give every Pandoran within a mile radius a false start with those supper yummy Pyros wings.
          Actually, this could be useful as an in-game tactic to draw out the Pandorans in a local area. Thanks for the sarcasm lol.

Comment

Oh come on, you know that would be hilarious. Part of the fun of Thaumatechnology is seeing all the unexpected side effects of mortals sowing monster parts onto their body.

Although to be fair and contribute something actually productive. Those themes of unexpected side effects does compliment you idea well of some implants mutating or almost taking on a life of their own. The horror of what a Field Agent is becoming should often be as important as the horror of the unknown.

Comment

Working...
            X