Mortal Remains - Tooth and Nail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Remains - Tooth and Nail

Courtesy of the Beast Kickstarter, a new Mortal Remains book is available to Hunter, Tooth and Nail. Currently, only Beast Kickstarter backer have access to it. The cover is interesting.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mummy | Promethean

well, that's just the greatest tease ever :P (didn't backed Beast, so I'm going to live with the suspension)

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

My new flagship project- Vigilant Times! Take a look and feel free to help

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
      The cover is interesting.
      True that.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
      Nightmares & Dreamscapes - Got any ideas about the denizens of the Primordial Dream? Come here and let's share our nightmares together

We finally got pictures of Pluto. No Mi-Go in sight. Those bastards are clever.

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
        well, that's just the greatest tease ever :P (didn't backed Beast, so I'm going to live with the suspension)
        Here's a hint from Pathfinder.

CofD booklists:

Comment

It's got Cthulhu on the cover. Sorry to ruin the tease. He's small, looks like it's in a hospital, fighting a patient of some sort imbued with magic power.

It's pretty big section, though, I was expecting much smaller. Has its own group and lots of powers for Beasts. Seem to be rules for Dream Worlds, too.
          Last edited by nofather; 02-02-2017, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            It's got Cthulhu on the cover. Sorry to ruin the tease. He's small, looks like it's in a hospital, fighting a patient of some sort imbued with magic power.

It's pretty big section, though, I was expecting much smaller. Has its own group and lots of powers for Beasts. Seem to be rules for Dream Worlds, too.
            I'd call it a Starspawn rather than big C himself, but yeah, it's pretty cool. Made it up to the Ashwood Abbey section, which has redeemed the organization a bit with its self-awareness of how fucked up some of their members are. The Aegis Kai Doru section has some pretty cool ideas too, what with culturally know relics being hidden (or perhaps created?) in the Primordial Dream and Lairs.

CofD booklists:

Comment

I was wondering why I couldn't find this thread, I was looking in the Beast section.

I get why it could be a Starspawn but, really, I think if someone's going to make a Horror for their character they're going to go big, at least figuratively. Liked the Ashwood Abbey part myself. Really a nice sized supplement. Got a compact, a conspiracy, tactics, endowments, merits. Gonna be fun to read fully.

Comment

I'm a little proud here because I was pushing for this stretch goal before it was announced, so I may have had some impact on it happening

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I'm a tad disappointed in the joke they went for with The Cheiron Group entry. ED meds primarily treat a physical circulatory issue, not a lack of desire. To go with the "implanting Hunger" theme, it would have been a lot more poignant IMO to address how clinical depression deadens emotions and desires, and using "Hungers" to shock people out of that.

Comment

I really liked that bit! Beast has badly needed a non-sympathetic outside perspective, and Hunter is perfect for getting outside the mythic cycle of Beast vs. Hero and treating them as just another monster with delusions of grandeur in a world full of them. I love the idea of a Cheiron field team going "we're gonna go ahead and harvest your soul to make dick pills for middle-aged dads, K?"

2E Legacy Updates
                    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                    Storm Keepers

Comment

"The Beasts of legend serve an essential role in Cheiron Group operations: They print money." - HtV: Tooth & Nail pg.12

Thank you Onyx Path.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                        I'm a tad disappointed in the joke they went for with The Cheiron Group entry. ED meds primarily treat a physical circulatory issue, not a lack of desire. To go with the "implanting Hunger" theme, it would have been a lot more poignant IMO to address how clinical depression deadens emotions and desires, and using "Hungers" to shock people out of that.
                        On the other hand, The Cheiron Group doesn't do standard procedures or medical practices, and their bottom line hunger is egregiously the dollar bill(/peso/euro/etc.). Cheiron is as uncaring and hungry as the Beasts, and they don't care about poignancy-if an implant resembles a lesson, it's a joke shared around the office, such as presented here.

THink of Cheiron as an example that the Insatiable aren't the only ones who remind Beasts that their Lives matter.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                        Working on:The Hedge(?), Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

My point wasn't what Cheiron would choose to do, it's what implanting hungers would do effectively. As I said, ED is primarily circulatory, not a lack of desire problem.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                            My point wasn't what Cheiron would choose to do, it's what implanting hungers would do effectively. As I said, ED is primarily circulatory, not a lack of desire problem.
                            This still presumes you're looking at what Cheiron does as purely medical. It's not. It's the result of psycho-spiritual surgery, and when those are the words you start with. the pragmatics of ED go out the window.

Cheiron's medical practices are all times suspect, and just as often a matter of surgery-as-ritual as it is conventional surgery.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                            Working on:The Hedge(?), Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

I'm a little lost with terms utilized. When the book says Dream World it is referencing to Primordial Dream, just simple dreams or Astral Realms in general?

Comment

Working...
                              X