Hunter Kickstarter Stretch Goals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Kickstarter Stretch Goals

So, if Hunter gets a Kickstarter (and I know it is still if) what would you like to see as stretch goals? The first thing that jumps to my mind is a second volume of Compacts and Conspiracies to flesh out VASCU, the Council of Bones and the new Compacts. Further stretch goals could add additional Compacts and Conspiracies. Thoughts?

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean

I dearly want more settings because they offer you a little bit of everything; new or returning Compacts/Conspiracies, unique local threats, and plot hooks ready to use or steal. The cities in the various 2e corebooks have been my favorite parts of each book, and I'm always dying to have more, especially if we can get a setting that give us an excuse for Habibti Ma or the Knights of Saint George to come back.

Advice on building your own organizations might be fun as well; further rules guidance for building an Endowment, some outlines for various types of group and what they do/how they organize would be super useful.

This probably isn't going to happen, but I'm always going to ask for historical settings. Hunter had some awesome ones get passed over in Dark Eras 1 that could really stand to come back here, and that's before we factor in the demand for Vigil for Rome to finally happen.

It's a pipe dream, but making some fan groups canon would be delightful; I'd pay good money for Hotel Mascaron and the Lord Stewards to become official.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Well, the most basic Stretch Goals I can think about is adding more of the existing organizations to the Core as a full writeup. After all, while adding new groups as stretch goals is cool and all- we already have ones waiting in line.

Now, I assume that something in the line of "adding a monster" could be cool- although it feels more like a reward than a stretch goal. That is, for a certain Reward Tier, you may add an example monster to the book. While Hunter is going to have a more "integrated" view of world-building, maybe something in the line of Demon's Seed Collection would be cool, as I personally really like those example setting writeups. Maybe instead a supplement which details how different groups (and the Vigil itself) vary through the globe. Some book in the style of an updated C&C (like Secrets of the Covenants) could also be nice to have. Finally, let me say what we all think- give us Book of Judges Hunter! (or other Dark Eras which we didn't got. Seriously, Hunter got the least from Dark Eras- as Edo was not even originally an Hunter Era!)

Also, a book which expands about corruption among the different organizations and how they could end up leading toward slasherhoods (or other forms of fallen hunters) could be nice to see. In fact, give us a book about different forms of fallen hunters in general- cabals, cults, cancer cells and compacts, heretics and zealots of all kinds. Give us some shadows, so the candles would shine brighter.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P

Comment

Compacts and conspiracies that come from other game lines would be cool, Cult of Mitra that worships the Changeling of the Ivory court (it's basically a hunter conspiracy that hunts huntsmen and other threats to changeling already), mortal followers of Lancea Sactum, Mage Order created conspiracies and compacts, the two example MCI cults from CoD core book, and so on.

Comment

Remember that we want stretch goals to impact the corebook as little as possible.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
            Remember that we want stretch goals to impact the corebook as little as possible.
            Yeah, that's the direction I'm assuming things will go based on Beast and Dark Eras. The core book will be set and won't change. Hence my suggestion of C&C. Adjusting the core book delays things too much, and frankly those delays piss backers off, even if said backers should know better.

CofD booklists:
            Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean

Comment

Agreed but a book of Hunter groups with maybe a setting or three to show them off is not out of the question.
              Not quite the Tome of Secrets but close enough.

And yes, official write ups for the left out Compacts and Conspiracies would be neat, as would more information on the non-core ones from 1st edition.
              Last edited by FallenEco; 02-04-2017, 04:30 PM.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

I don't know how everyone else feels about them, but I've never been in love with fiction anthologies; if Hunter gets one, I hope it goes the route of the Horror Recognition Guide and has some mechanics tucked into it.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

in that case, the stretch goals updated groups could be done in a separated supplement, and the extra monsters could be integrated into a Night Horrors style book (yeah, Hunter had the Horror Recognition Guide, but it wasn't officially a Night Horror supplement. I do wonder how a Night Horrors supplement may look like- most of them bring something new to the table, something you usually don't expect side by side with the more common monsters. What kind of Night Horrors lurk to the unwary hunters? That's something I would pay to find out)

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

Comment

Let's just assume any extra material is building a supplement.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                      in that case, the stretch goals updated groups could be done in a separated supplement, and the extra monsters could be integrated into a Night Horrors style book (yeah, Hunter had the Horror Recognition Guide, but it wasn't officially a Night Horror supplement. I do wonder how a Night Horrors supplement may look like- most of them bring something new to the table, something you usually don't expect side by side with the more common monsters. What kind of Night Horrors lurk to the unwary hunters? That's something I would pay to find out)
                      I would hope a Night Horrors book for Hunter would give us a whole chapter on Cults and/or fallen Compacts/Conspiracies.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

I don't know how everyone else feels about them, but I've never been in love with fiction anthologies; if Hunter gets one, I hope it goes the route of the Horror Recognition Guide and has some mechanics tucked into it.
                        yeah, I also don't really like fiction anthologies- a sort fiction between pages is cool, but having to actually dig in a fiction ton find something which could be useful for my game kinda gives me an headache. I do assume we would get the Slasher Anthologies- which I'll never read. It would probably give me nightmares for a lifetime :P

Comment

My main ones would be...

-Night Horrors type entries for unique threats that don't fit under any of the major splats

- additional Compacts and Conspiracies updated from 1E

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                          X