Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Slasher would this character be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Slasher would this character be?

I thought up a Slasher for a Hunter game. He is basically a dentist who kills people with his dental tools and extracts their two front teeth and keeps them as trophies. What kind of slasher would he be?

He might not be, actually. Could just be a garden variety serial killer. Undertakings are less about what you do and more about the hows and whys. I think Mr. Toothy there sounds like a Ripper but he could be a Scourge depending on how you want to present him.

Based on just the info above, Charmer works well though I cant rule out Avenger or even Genius. Naturally their related scourges are an option. Brute doesn't seem to fit (but i could be wrong) and Freak...doesn't really work with dentistry. Unless the guy had an accident, I would avoid those two (of course that could just as easily lead to an Avenger)

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
      He might not be, actually. Could just be a garden variety serial killer. Undertakings are less about what you do and more about the hows and whys. I think Mr. Toothy there sounds like a Ripper but he could be a Scourge depending on how you want to present him.

Based on just the info above, Charmer works well though I cant rule out Avenger or even Genius. Naturally their related scourges are an option. Brute doesn't seem to fit (but i could be wrong) and Freak...doesn't really work with dentistry. Unless the guy had an accident, I would avoid those two (of course that could just as easily lead to an Avenger)
      ​Well, the dentist is supposed to be a trusted neighbor so he could be a charmer. But, if I made him a garden variety serial killer could he still attract the attention of hunters?

Comment

All they find is a dead body with odds wounds and missing teeth right? Why would they not assume it is a work of a monster?
        Still trusted neighbor dentist does sound like a Charmer so don't worry so much. Rippers are supposed to be 'mundane' anyway. Unless he is a full blown Psycho, there is nothing technically supernatural about him. But they won't know that anyway until the get him. Not all monsters are magic after all, just as not all magic is monstrous. That is one of the themes as you tier up in hunter anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
          All they find is a dead body with odds wounds and missing teeth right? Why would they not assume it is a work of a monster?
          Still trusted neighbor dentist does sound like a Charmer so don't worry so much. Rippers are supposed to be 'mundane' anyway. Unless he is a full blown Psycho, there is nothing technically supernatural about him. But they won't know that anyway until the get him. Not all monsters are magic after all, just as not all magic is monstrous. That is one of the themes as you tier up in hunter anyway.
          ​True. I can make him a charmer. Also, one thing I need to figure out is why he is so obsessed with teeth. It could range from a childhood trauma all the way to some odd kind of fetish. Any suggestions?

Comment

It could be a Tell, a compulsion, or he could need them for something.

The question is, what works best for your group and your story? Does he think that it is for a greater good? Or is it for his own pleasure? Is it a taunt, "I am using my work tools to kill these guys and you still can't figure me out, hahaha?"
            Really it comes down how you think of him.

Comment

Depending on which teeth are missing, hunters might entertain the possibility that the victims are vampires.

Dentists have reputation - if somewhat jokingly - for sadism. Yet they're one of the few classes of people we allow to put power tools in our mouths. He could be doing it to say, "Haha! It's true!" Which sounds more like a Charmer than any othe Undertaking; they prey on trust and vulnerability.

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                Depending on which teeth are missing, hunters might entertain the possibility that the victims are vampires.

Dentists have reputation - if somewhat jokingly - for sadism. Yet they're one of the few classes of people we allow to put power tools in our mouths. He could be doing it to say, "Haha! It's true!" Which sounds more like a Charmer than any othe Undertaking; they prey on trust and vulnerability.
                ​The dentist removes the victims two front teeth. I was also thinking about him being so fixated on teeth after a visit from what he thought was the tooth fairy, which is really a true fae, as a child. The fae did not kidnap him but removed five of his teeth forcefully.

Comment

I've had an idea for a while now; a Slasher, I'm thinking a Brute, who's weapon of choice is some form of bludgeoning tool, (club/baseball bat/pipe/ piece of rebar/etc.) coated in pitch, then rolled in human teeth. Does your dentist have a brother? Maybe that's who he's collecting teeth for...

Comment

Originally posted by Mangle77 View Post
                    I've had an idea for a while now; a Slasher, I'm thinking a Brute, who's weapon of choice is some form of bludgeoning tool, (club/baseball bat/pipe/ piece of rebar/etc.) coated in pitch, then rolled in human teeth. Does your dentist have a brother? Maybe that's who he's collecting teeth for...
                    That could work. So, that would mean that both brothers are serial killers. What kind of fucked up parent did they have?

Comment

Hmm, there are a few options I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Inbred hillbilly cultist types.
                      ​2. Prestigious physician, embarrassed by his malformed/deranged/simpleton son; pressures the other son to excel, other son snaps under the pressure.(Possible switch to a Freak instead of a Brute)
                      3. Abusive orphanage.

​These are all stereotypes, of course, but that's what the horror genre was built on, so why not? Alternatively; they could have had good parents but lost them in some terrible, tragic circumstances, the trauma of which drove them mad...

Comment

If it helps, this could be a template.

Slasher Template(Charmer)

Size 5
                        Defense 3
                        Initiative 4
                        Speed 9
                        Legend 1
                        Health 7
                        Willpower 4 -5-

Intelligence 3
                        Wits 2
                        Resolve 2

Strength 2
                        Dexterity 2
                        Stamina 2

Presence 3
                        Manipulation 3
                        Composure 2

Merits:
                        Barfly 00
                        Striking Appearance 00
                        Style: Fast-Talking 0

Skills
                        Persuasion 0000
                        Subterfuge 000
                        Medicine(Dentistry) 000
                        Empathy 00
                        Expression 0
                        Weaponry(Dentistry Tools) 0
                        Athletics 0

Dread Powers
                        Hypnotism 0
                        Impress 0000
                        Sleep(Anesthetic) 0
                        Unholy Attribute: Presence 00
                        Unholy Attribute: Manipulation 00

Weaknesses
                        The ST assigns a trigger. When this trigger(such as a song or action) is applied near the slasher or someone see's through his charm then the slasher rolls composure and on a failure, lashes out. Usually verbally but it can be physical. Those witnessing this have a change to snap out of his charm by rolling wits+subterfuge.

Misc.
                        Upon meeting a new person roll a social skill+Presence vs the person'a intelligence+subterfuge. If the slasher wins then the target refuses to see anything wrong about the slasher, supports him and might even lie for him. Common sense and danger sense to not apply to those who have fallen under the slasher's wiles and initiative rolls made against the slasher are penalized by -5. If anyone actually witnesses the slasher harming another person and the slasher cannot make a case for self defense then the effect is lost. This is all dependent on first impressions, if the target succeeds then they will get the feeling that the slasher is a phony, but not necessarily dangerous.

Comment

And for the other guy

Slasher Template(Brute)

Size 5
                          Defense 7
                          Initiative 4
                          Speed 10
                          Legend 1
                          Health 8
                          Willpower 4 -5-

Intelligence 2
                          Wits 3
                          Resolve 2

Strength 3
                          Dexterity 2
                          Stamina 3

Presence 3
                          Manipulation 1
                          Composure 2

Merits
                          Defensive Combat: Weaponry 0
                          Style: Heavy Weapons 00
                          Iron Stamina 00

Skills
                          Weaponry 00000
                          Athletics 00
                          Brawl 000
                          Intimidation 000
                          Survival 00

Dread Powers
                          Dread Attack: Tooth Fairy's Wand 000(2L a heavy club coated it pitch and teeth, can be summoned to the slasher's hands by spending a point of willpower)
                          Unholy Attribute: Stamina 00
                          Unholy Attribute: Strength 00
                          Dead Flesh 000

Weaknesses
                          Suffers a -3 on all perception rolls and to notice hiding opponents.

Misc.
                          Does not suffer penalties from bashing damage, does not roll unconsciousness from bashing damage, only lethal damage. If the health track is filled with lethal damage the slasher makes a reflexive stamina roll to remain conscious and active . If he succeeds then he remains active for one more turn, if he fails then he falls unconscious. The slasher keeps on making this roll until he falls unconscious or heals.

Comment

Working...
                          X