• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubting Souls on DTRPG

“She turned me into a newt!”
    “…”
    “I got better...”

Doubting Souls is now available as a separate book. Given that this is the one I expanded, I’m just tickled about it.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Second Chances; 02-15-2017, 03:24 PM.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

The Scarlet Watch and the Keepers of the Weave are among the best Hunter groups, IMO. I personally think that the writers did great work with handling Salem's Witch Trials, especially in how it focused on the way it strains the relationships between the different organizations of the time and expressing the game's themes. It was so easy to get lost in this Era, turning it into the standard "hunters killing witches and their like" thing, and I'm quit pleased that is not the case. The Shadow Court works wonderfully both as a supporting force and as an antagonistic one, depending on which side of it you are. Oh, and the three buried children are among the best plot hooks in Dark Eras as whole.

In sort, yeah, I like that Era :P

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
    I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
      The Scarlet Watch and the Keepers of the Weave are among the best Hunter groups, IMO. I personally think that the writers did great work with handling Salem's Witch Trials, especially in how it focused on the way it strains the relationships between the different organizations of the time and expressing the game's themes. It was so easy to get lost in this Era, turning it into the standard "hunters killing witches and their like" thing, and I'm quit pleased that is not the case. The Shadow Court works wonderfully both as a supporting force and as an antagonistic one, depending on which side of it you are. Oh, and the three buried children are among the best plot hooks in Dark Eras as whole.

In sort, yeah, I like that Era :P
      I was so happy how the Keepers of the Weave turned out. They are one of the most interesting and unique Hunter Compacts out there. Monica & Matt did a fantastic job translating my very vague expansion requests into something unique and awesome. Now the only better thing would be to have them included in the next version of Compacts and Conspiracies.

CofD booklists:
      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

I adored the Scarlet Watch and would really enjoy a prequel follow-up that presents them at their height, rather than somewhat fallen from grace as Doubting Souls presents them.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
        X