Slashing Conspiracies- Take 2!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slashing Conspiracies- Take 2!

way back, among the lost threads of the old forums, I've came out with the idea of what I then called "Slashing Conspiracies"- or, as it should be called now, Tier 3 Cabals. The idea was taking each of the conspiracies and give them some sort of "dark mirror", one which is at least partially based around Slashing more than it is about the Vigil. Since then, the forums were moved, a lot of homebrew was written, new conspiracies were published and some ideas were developed while others- not so much. Anyway, with the new edition giving Slashers the spotlight, I've thought about maybe try this project once more, making a bit of order about who got developed, who didn't and what other potential ideas could be used for those terrible organization of murder and death. The list of the following (all names are temporary, until otherwise noted)-

Aegis Kai Doru- the Tecuanimeh. A modern iteration of an ancient priesthood from the days of the Aztec Empire who still offer blood sacrifices to the Tezcatlipoca in hopes to survive the coming end of times. They use Relics left from their lost empire which feed upon the blood of their victims in order to preform dark and dread miracles. While they are mostly a Cabal, things start to change under the surface, following the will of the Smoking Mirror.

Ascending Ones- the Ashen Collective. Alchemists who search after the physical representation of the Soul in order to achieve immortality. Once, that included massive human experimentation and research about both living and dead bodies, but after the discovery of the Created and the Divine Fire they have changed their focus into hunting prometheans and pandorans- although some of their more dedicated members still preform the more morbid experiments.

Malleus Maleficarum- Los Inocentes. Also known as the Cabal, an organization birthed to search for heretics among the holders of the Candle and burn down anyone who they believe to be corrupted in the name of God. Officially, they are dead and gone by modern time- but there are a number of potential plot hooks for their survival, either as a independent Cabal, hidden order among the Malleus or even as a redeemed organization which cleared itself from Slasher influences.

Lucifuge- L'Enfant Diaboliques. I've simply gave them mechanics. (the original idea was using a some sort of cult which worship a demon discovered in archaeological diggings in Mesopotamia, which may still have potential).

Cheiron Group- E.V.E Institution. A private research facility which strongly believes than in order to mankind to survive the next cataclysm, they have to engineer its evolutionary path beforehand and find the best one through research. In order to accelerate the natural evolution, they use serums developed from monster bodies. An unexpected side effect has made some of the "evolved" members to see mankind as a threat.. or a prey. (the original idea of the Organ Market has instead turned into Ningishzida- which may be evil but is definitely not a Cabal)

Task Force: VALKYRIE- Jomungandr. The cancer inside VALKYRIE originating from the leftovers of a Nazi conspiracy absorbed into their enemy when they took over their assets- which brought with them their ideology. Jomungandr believes in creating a "perfect and pure world", which includes removing any unwanted elements from society while holding a grip around the major power sources to advance their agenda. While they hate monsters as much as any hunter, certain mortal individuals are also considered to be "unwanted elements". There is descent amount of vampire connection, as their leaders worship ancient vampires in order to gain a form of immortality.

Knights of St George- Pure Ones. An isolated group birthed from Gnostic faith which believes they must constantly scourge their body and cleans their soul from sin. They discovered a certain technique based around expelling their own sin from their body and allow it to possess other people- and by killing those incarnated sins, they can free themselves from their influence and achieve Heaven beyond the King of This World.

Les Mysteres- Queen Anne's Revenge. The source for the legend of the Black Shooter from Slasher as well as many other Ghost Ships incidences. Originated from a pact with the Devil, those pirates raid after human souls which they use to pay their debt to the dead Davy Jones, or else they would go to hell. They can also wear the stolen souls as their own, commanding their ghosts and gaining access to their dread powers. (the original "Jack the Ripper" connections were adapted into the conspiracy version of the Ashwood Abbey)

Cainte Heresy- the Cage of Shadows. Jewish heresy which worship Lilith, the mother of demons, after dooming their souls twice. They strongly believe in women superiority and hunts down both renegade lilim and vampires which don't accept Lilith's rule, while they practice dark rituals of sex and violence upon innocent bystanders. One a lot more of those were killed during the acts, but thanks to modern pharmaceuticals most survive the practice.. even if traumatized for all life. They also hunt after other demonic cults, as they see them as competition for Lilith's agenda.

VASCU- the Pythian Oracles. Seers and prophets gifts by an ancient power with the ability to see the future, and are guided by a powerful Oracle to achieve a vision only they can see- the best future mankind may achieve. That vision guides them to hunt after monsters and slashers- but sometimes, it includes killing regular human too, in the name of making a better world. Sins has to be performed from free will, they believe, and those who stray from the path would also be brought down by the conspiracy itself.

Faithful of Shulpae- Toc Faan. A cannibalistic cult which worship demon gods from before time. They believe that by consuming people who hold a "special spark" in their soul, they could gain great power and become demon lords by their own right. Monsters are a lot less interesting in their eyes, as they are tainted and corrupted, denying them the pure human soul they yearn for so much. They operate mostly in East Asia, and while there may be more "descent" cells among the Cabal, all in all they are a corrupted organization.

Knights of St Adrian- Hell Knights. A barbaric order from older days which scars its own body with strange signs to gain demonic powers. They search to become great warriors, and the includes proving their superiority by killing certain individuals as a form of "tests", like defeating the strongest warrior or murdering an innocent soul. Still a rough idea, perhaps to be tied with a demonic Viking cult or something.

Merrick Institute- Shadow Walkers. Another rough idea which is based around murderers who project their self into dreams to kill their targets. They also enjoy a form of Dreamshaping, which they use to force their target into a nightmare from which they'll never awake. Still need to think about an in depth motivation for them.

Hototogisu- still need to think about an idea, perhaps something about merchants who trade with the life of others, buying and selling their years and put them into debt from could only end with their own life. Something like the devil in the crossroads, only a full conspiracy of those.

Otodo- still kinda blank. Maybe I'll adapt the original idea for the Lucifuge for them.

Promethean Brotherhood- really not sure. Considering that they are a pretty evil organization, I think it could be nice if their "dark mirror" would actually be a some form of "good guys".

Network 0- still a rough concept, but what about some shady internet group which works to make others killed as some sort of a game? They are forbidden from killing directly, but they can manipulate others to get themselves killed, getting points based around the death of the target.

and as for fanmade groups:

Office of the Lord Steward- the Aided. A druidic death cult which binds the ghosts of the dead to their service and sacrifice human lives to the forces of the land. They believe in natural harmony, and that includes a cycle in which just as the land gives its gifts to man, man should give his gifts to the land. They use heretic death songs to control the dead ghosts of their sacrifices, mutilating both the flesh and the spirit of their victims.

Marduk Society- the Etemenanki. A mixture of an older conspiracy and the destroyed branch of the Old Men in the conspiracy, they feast upon the flesh of Leviathans and humanity's desperate hope in order to live like gods, demanding human sacrifices to strength their own false divinity and invoke primordial powers.

Army of Light- for now, I think about an apocalyptic, murder-suicide cult, which has its members "save" pure souls be killing them before it is too late. You may think about them as a former hunter conspiracy who lost hope at defeating the monsters, and now seeks to leave the world behind them and save the righteous. They prefer to die than to be captured, and are guided by a mysterious, heavenly power.

Aves Minerva- a secret cult dedicated for a murder deity? The easiest path would be using Dionysus as their patron and turn them into a modern Bacchanal, although a change in their patron would lead to change in their exact themes.

Chosen of Kroll- an abyssal cult which kills human is a bit too "on the nose", but could work if made properly and giving them the right agenda.

Regency of Thorns- I think about tying them to the service of the Huntsmen, as I still need to figure out exactly why would a Gentry prefer his victims dead than kidnapped.

Section 9- need to give some thought about how to make them different than E.V.E, as the immediate concept would be murderous mutants. Perhaps they are the product of a failed experiment, even though it is a bit too Deviant..

Obsidian Brotherhood- the original conspiracy is about giving a voice to the weak and allow them to fight the supernatural as vengeance, so I assume their dark mirror would do the same- only by giving people the power those who wronged them- mortals, that is.

Dies Irae- I assume that a group that use a Art of Dying like ability in order to free their inner demon and allow it to run wild could work. They may even suffer from some sort of split personality or something like that, making them classic Dr Jackal kind of thing.

Any thoughts about this subject?
    Last edited by LostLight; 09-09-2017, 06:54 AM.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
    I now blog in here

Okay, you have gotten my attention with this project.

Regarding the Shadow Walkers, might I also make an alternative pitch for their Endowment. What if they can purchase Beast Nightmares as three-dot Merits? It certainly works in terms of flavor, and how they acquire them might be based on this particular comment. On a semi-related note, members of this conspiracy could just as likely dabble in something like ajf115's Primordial Sorcery.
    Last edited by Deionscribe; 02-22-2017, 09:08 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
      Okay, you have gotten my attention with this project.

Regarding the Shadow Walkers, might I also make an alternative pitch for their Endowment. What if they can purchase Beast Nightmares as three-dot Merits? It certainly works in terms of flavor, and how they acquire them might be based on this particular comment. On a semi-related note, members of this conspiracy could just as likely dabble in something like ajf115's Primordial Sorcery.
      as a principle rule, I prefer them to not be the offspring of an evil bloodline. This is already the L'Enfant Diabolique's shtick, and I prefer to think about a deeper reason for why they kill people other than "we are evil by birth", so it kinda undermines the themes of both projects. For now, I see them as some sort of Freddy Krueger, even though it still doesn't give the all group a reason to kill. The "why we kill people" is a very important thing for those Cabals, as it both gives them a bit more depth than the regular "evil conspiracy" kind of thing, and it would also explain why they are working together and not just kill each other.

Anyway, added basic ideals for Skin & Bones' groups.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
      I now blog in here

Comment

which ones are those?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
          which ones are those?
          The Army of Light, Aves Minerva, Chosen of Kroll, Regency of Thorns, Section 9, Obsidian Brotherhood, and Dies Irae.

On a related note, I have been trying to work out how Section 9 can be reskinned from its original write-up. I know I want to tie their Endowment to Pandoran Dread Powers,at least.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
            Aegis Kai Doru- the Brotherhood of the Jaguar. An ancient priesthood from the days of the Aztec Empire who still offer blood sacrifices to the Black Sun in hopes to withhold the end of times. They use Relics left from their lost empire to call upon the powers of their dark gods (originally, they've had a mummy at the center of their cult as an emissary of their gods. I believe that was before Mummy: the Curse, so maybe I'll use that feature or throw it away, depending on how they would be developed).
            This seems like a good group, but doesn't really say Aegis kai Doru to me. It seems like relics ought to be closer to the point of them. Like a group of necromancers that use bones and dried flesh, and what Sineaters woud call charms, but consider it vital to make their own.

The Aztec group might be a dark mirror to the Keepers of the Source (I realise that makes them a compact rather than conspiracy), but both are a fringe spirituality in favour of a perceived natural order.

Promethean Brotherhood- really not sure. Considering that they are a pretty evil organization, I think it could be nice if their "dark mirror" would actually be a some form of "good guys"
            Maybe instead of sacrificing mages, they harvest places of power and defend them and their surrounds. Makes them similar to werewolves, though.

[group]Network 0- still a rough concept, but what about some shady internet group which works to make others killed as some sort of a game? They are forbidden from killing directly, but they can manipulate others to get themselves killed, getting points based around the death of the target.[/quote]Yeah, go with that.

and as for fanmade groups:
            KSI21 could be trying to create its Endowment rather than having it already, and killing a lot of people in the implied experiments.

Comment

Working...
            X