No announcement yet.

Fallen Blossoms in Print

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Akio is just a ghoul then my guess is he is both the ghoul of and a descendent of Inoue the Elder, who is secretly using this group in his bid to overthrow the current power structure and name himself Prince of Tokyo. Perhaps he was the Prince before the Kanto quake of 1923?

Comment

It rubs me the wrong way that there's a ghoul in charge of the Hototogisu. I could get behind an independent ghoul, who is playing the vampires in order to get some of that vitae, but having a slave of a vampire in charge of an organization where their whole point is 'we're mortals who have one-upped the vampires in town' just kind of defeats the purpose to me. Weird that any book would just give away the mystery like that.

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post
        It rubs me the wrong way that there's a ghoul in charge of the Hototogisu. I could get behind an independent ghoul, who is playing the vampires in order to get some of that vitae, but having a slave of a vampire in charge of an organization where their whole point is 'we're mortals who have one-upped the vampires in town' just kind of defeats the purpose to me. Weird that any book would just give away the mystery like that.
        Random speculation asides, Inoue Akio is just an independent ghoul.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
        Working on:Night Horrors: Enemy Action
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Polish Youtuber pointed me into video game Nioh that is almost exactly Fallen Blossoms Hunter game. We have XVI century Japan, samurais hunting monsters and Guardian Spirits, all based on real world events. I will probably start other topic about this one, as I would more than interested in creating Conspiracy with Guardian Spirits on this material. I just soooo much wished I got PS4 and TV to play this game!

Just watch video and pointed Yokai in it.

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
          MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
          WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            Random speculation asides, Inoue Akio is just an independent ghoul.
            More to the point, Inoue Akio isn't just a ghoul, he's Tokyo's bloody Apex. That means he is by far and away the scariest thing lurking in Tokyo's shadows. To quote Beast: the Primordial pg 57

The Chambers in a hive, though, all share some similarity, some small aspect granted by who or what ever supernatural figure looms largest area's Primordial Dream. The Children call this being the Apex. This similarity reflects the most powerful areas supernatural being in a region, whether or not that being is aware of its influence on the Primordial Dream or of the Children in general.
            I rather suspect that being under the thumb of another supernatural 100% disqualifies you from becoming the Apex. Even if Inoue Akio was the slave of a vampire at one point, he has most certainly become the master in that relationship by now. To be the Apex, he needs to be a force of nature in and of himself.

CofD booklists:
            Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
              I rather suspect that being under the thumb of another supernatural 100% disqualifies you from becoming the Apex. Even if Inoue Akio was the slave of a vampire at one point, he has most certainly become the master in that relationship by now. To be the Apex, he needs to be a force of nature in and of himself.
              I could think of some scenarios where a technically non-independent ghoul could be an Apex.

This doesn't mean anything about this particular character. But I can think of a couple. And they're very scary. Especially for vampires.

David A Hill Jr
              Freelance Writer
              Independent Game Designer

Comment

Originally posted by MachineIV View Post

I could think of some scenarios where a technically non-independent ghoul could be an Apex.

This doesn't mean anything about this particular character. But I can think of a couple. And they're very scary. Especially for vampires.

Scenario 1: Strix...

Comment

I find myself wondering, if Akio is a Ghoul could he in fact be the same Inoue from Fallen Blossoms?
                  If he is a Ghoul, independent or not, he could still be around and his original group was all about stealing powers from Supernaturals. Perhaps he found a way to steal Ghouldom.
                  Truth be told the only thing we have that says differently is his write up in Requiem and that could easily be the lie the Vampires believe.

On an unrelated note: both Fallen Blossoms and Hurt Locker refer to the Strix in Tokyo where they are known as Tengu (or one possible variety), yet they are described differently. Are they the same Vampire hating monsters or has that changed?
                  Last edited by 2ptTakrill; 03-08-2017, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X