Sleeping Slashers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping Slashers

I've asked this unofficially on another post but it was a bit off topic but it does have me thinking. Are Slashers subject to the Sleeping Curse? Freddy Kreuger and Jason Voorhees probably wouldn't be but what about Hannibal Lecter or Norman Bates? If I got any of their names wrong, feel free to berate me.

Don't know how 2e Vigil's slashers are going to turn out, but going by the 1e presentation I'd probably judge rippers and scourges as comparable to the divide between lower-tier hunters and conspiracies with supernatural Endowments, with maybe a little wiggle room. If a slasher is just monstrous due to outlook and behavior, they're a Sleeper; if their killing genius has surpassed the natural, treat them like a Sleepwalker.

Comment

So Rippers=Sleepers, Scourges=Sleepwalkers? Kind of makes sense.

Comment

My opinion would probably depend upon whether you consider the Slasher to have a human soul. If the Slasher has changed to the point that they are no longer human, or whether the Slasher has become some kind of supernatural entity, devoid of core humanity, then I'd argue that the Sleeping Curse doesn't apply to them. Hannibal Lecter and Bates are still human beings. Lector simply lacks any ethical or moral sentiments beyond his rigorously brutal aesthetic view of the world. Freddy Kreuger seemingly made a pact with a demonic entity of some form and so no longer possesses a human soul (though he does seem to feed off/imprison the souls of his victims). Basically it comes down to backstory.

Have you seen him?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterE View Post
          Freddy Kreuger seemingly made a pact with a demonic entity of some form and so no longer possesses a human soul (though he does seem to feed off/imprison the souls of his victims). Basically it comes down to backstory.
          Besides, Freddy Kreuger sounds to work more as Astral Horror from Beast: The Primordial, than proper Slasher. He is 'dream demon', in the end. Same could be said about Candyman that is basically superghost killing people ( maybe Geist? ).

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
          My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

wyrdhamster Freddy and Candyman can also be made as Legend Slashers in 1e.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Jub-Jub View Post
              wyrdhamster Freddy and Candyman can also be made as Legend Slashers in 1e.
              Oh, I know the rules - I just say the better work in mechanical and setting view as Astral Horror and ghost respectively.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
              My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

Working...
              X