Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Dark Eras] Nioh - Fallen Blossoms video game and Conspiracy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Dark Eras] Nioh - Fallen Blossoms video game and Conspiracy

    Polish Youtuber ( thank you, Quaz! ) pointed me to video game Nioh that is almost exactly like Fallen Blossoms Hunter game! We have XVII century Japan, samurais hunting monsters and Guardian Spirits, all based on real world events. Beside greatest inspiration, I would more than interested in creating Conspiracy with Guardian Spirits helping it's members, as I cannot see one in official Fallen Blossoms groups.

    And if you do not agree with me - just watch video and pointed Yokai in it.



    I just soooo much wished I got PS4 and TV to play this game! ‚Äč
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-07-2017, 07:59 AM.


    Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
    My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
    MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events

  • #2
    Nioh is a super fun game, but the plot seems pretty mediocre so far. I think you could get a lot of mileage out of stealing Les Mysteres' mechanics for the guardian spirits!


    Just call me Lex.

    Female pronouns for me, please.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      Nioh is a super fun game, but the plot seems pretty mediocre so far. I think you could get a lot of mileage out of stealing Les Mysteres' mechanics for the guardian spirits!
      Aren't the Azusa Miko all about spirits and what not? No, they're not a Conspiracy, but they still possess Medium abilities. During the Fallen Blossoms game we played, one of the other players was a Miko who was all about communing with the Kami and making deals with the good ones for protection and hunting evil ones.

      Comment


      • #4
        I know the guy who localized it. He did a phenomenal English illustrated guide to yokai that was just recently released.

        And yes, Azusa Miko are all about dealing with spirits.


        David A Hill Jr
        Freelance Writer
        Independent Game Designer

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MachineIV View Post
          I know the guy who localized it. He did a phenomenal English illustrated guide to yokai that was just recently released.

          And yes, Azusa Miko are all about dealing with spirits.
          Any chance you have a link to that book?


          Just call me Lex.

          Female pronouns for me, please.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

            Any chance you have a link to that book?
            Please!!!!!!!


            CofD booklists:
            Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

            Comment


            • #7
              https://www.amazon.com/Japandemonium...words=Matt+alt

              He was just translator for this one, but it's new and gorgeous.

              He has an entire series of shorter bits on Japanese culture that are pretty good. He does his stuff in English, but he knows his shit and talks to some of the best possible sources.

              https://www.amazon.com/Matt-Alt/e/B0...ne_cont_book_2


              David A Hill Jr
              Freelance Writer
              Independent Game Designer

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

                Aren't the Azusa Miko all about spirits and what not? No, they're not a Conspiracy, but they still possess Medium abilities. During the Fallen Blossoms game we played, one of the other players was a Miko who was all about communing with the Kami and making deals with the good ones for protection and hunting evil ones.
                But Azusa sounds much more as priestess than 'Witcher-like' hunting samurai. Maybe their male members, if I remember correctly they were given idea as being their own group?


                Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
                My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
                MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

                  But Azusa sounds much more as priestess than 'Witcher-like' hunting samurai. Maybe their male members, if I remember correctly they were given idea as being their own group?
                  They're definitely not samurai. These are shrine maidens specialized in religious observances and maintaining shrines. Who often practice with bows and arrows, yari, and other fighting forms. They also study folklore and solutions to folklore problems, which include monsters. Just like their real world equivalent. Except the monsters objectively exist. They're actually not entirely dissimilar to witchers, in a sense. They are holistic problem solvers. But they're nothing like samurai.


                  David A Hill Jr
                  Freelance Writer
                  Independent Game Designer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Weren't the Gimu meant to be the "samurai compact"? (I've always thought of them as Valkyrie's parallel to the Edo era Japan)


                    My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

                    On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
                    I now blog in here

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                      Weren't the Gimu meant to be the "samurai compact"? (I've always thought of them as Valkyrie's parallel to the Edo era Japan)
                      Yeah. But more in the historically accurate and less action-packed "bureaucrats and nobles who are also allowed owning weapons" sense.


                      David A Hill Jr
                      Freelance Writer
                      Independent Game Designer

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X