resisted endowments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resisted endowments

Current group is working on a custom endowment. The core hunter book has design questions you are supposed to ask (can it be resisted), but i guess my question is when in your opinion should an endowment be resisted/contested? One player suggested anytime a power tries to take control of a person/creature (mind or body) it should be resisted. What process do you all use? This will mainly involve benedictions/holy gifts and powers.

Powers that have a potent or overwhelming binary effect (either it works or it doesn't) should incline towards being contested.
    Powers that have a sliding scale of effect, where the number of rolled successes matters to the magnitude of the result, or powers that have a binary effect that doesn't overwhelm the target and thus generally are more interesting when they succeed more often than not, should incline towards being resisted.

Salt to taste.

Comment

As above. Control powers are usually contested, roll vs roll. As far as I know, the type of endowment is not a factor, but I appreciate the attempt to give as much info as possible.

Comment

Working...
      X