Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rites Du Cheval... ¿how can we fix them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rites Du Cheval... ¿how can we fix them?

I have been re-reading Spirit Slayers, and as far I understand this is how they work: each rite demand a ceremony (which may last hours) preferibly performed in a sacred space, the correct appeasement for the spirit, and a roll of Presence + Expression. After that the effect usually persist for a single scene.
    The obvious problem is, of course, functionality: isn´t likely that the 4.5 feet tall killing machine will sit down patiently in a corner while the hunter summons the power to boost his armor. Also, what about being able to benefit from several rites at once (Urathas are a bit hard to kill).
    Any ideas to make them more...versatile?
    Last edited by Raistlin; 03-12-2017, 04:25 PM.

well, I have made a number of alternative systems for that Endowment in here. Maybe you'll find one of them as useful.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
    I now blog in here

Comment

Mmmmm... not bad. Question, how does the Great Spirit Society manage to defeat spirits in order to skin them? they are even more powerful than werewolves.
      Last edited by Raistlin; 03-13-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Minor spirits are far less powerful than werewolves. A single mortal could easily kill a Rank 1 spirit, with most of their problem involving being able to find it in the first place. A group of mortals, like a cell, powered up with the abilities of Rank 1 spirits, could then take down Rank 2 and 3, increasing in power as they go.

Rank 4 and 5 spirits would take considerable effort to kill, along with opportunism, as some of them may be bound to harmlessness place through magic of werewolves and other beings.

Comment

Working...
        X