X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.A.M [New Conspiracy]

The Classified Enforcement Authority

(to be pronounced as "re'em")

[the head of a re'em surrounded by the hebrew translation of the verse "he hath as it were the strength of a re'em"]

May 1948, Israel’s declaration of independence. David Ben Gurion, the first Israeli Prime Minister, sends the order to disband the many paramilitary organizations which operated during the British Mandate of Palestine and establish a single, national military- the IDF. While the order was meant to unite the warring factions into one force against enemy armies, it had some unforeseen consequences. During the Mandatory days, the israeli hunters of the region operated through those very organizations, and with the unification of the Israeli Defense Force, those compacts were also forced together- whether they liked it or not.

Such unification, of course, was not easy. Some have even suggested that Ben Gurion was actually “in the know”, and forced the hunters together knowingly to create one loyal force to protect the young state from inhuman threats- yet no evidence was ever found about the subject. Intentional or not, the act has drastically shaped the way the Vigil operated in Israel- the bigger compacts were either absorbed by the others or turned isolated, leaving them to die out. Eventually, those hunters which held positions of power in either military or politics cemented themselves as the leaders of the no-longer-truly-compact, and found the new organization alongside the IDF: Rashut Ha’Achifa Ha’Messuvegeth, (Hebrew for “Classified Enforcement Authority”), or, in sort. R.A.M.

While they were first conceived in the military, when the Shin Bet was split from the IDF many of them have joined the new intelligence organization, as their secrecy and resources aligned with the group’s needs at uncovering hidden monsters. Later, with the establishment of the Mossad, some of R.A.M’s higher ups joined in, a move which granted them further intelligence and resources. That move shaped R.A.M to its final form- a secretive organization, known only to the tops of the Mossad and the Shin Bet (and, perhaps, certain Prime Ministers), which just like the first was meant to deal with international affairs and the later with internal affairs, they were to deal with supernatural affairs- that is, the monsters and the terror they brought with them.

At its first years, R.A.M's targets were mostly vampires and shapeshifters, with an occasional witch or two. However, after Israel took over the Rockfeller Museum, the members of R.A.M have discovered a disturbing truth- that monsters were not the only threat, and that certain items- either by chance or design- carried with them great power waiting to abuse... And dread curses to those who abused it.
    And many of those items were hidden in that very museum.

R.A.M couldn’t have ignored that threat- Israel, after all, was standing over the relics of many lost empires, nations and civilizations. Looters were no longer a moral problem, but a serious danger. That led R.A.M to establish a division inside the Antiquities Authority, followed by recruiting elite archaeologists and scientists in order to find, analyze and neutralize said relics. Eventually, that research bore fruit- one which not only eliminated the danger, but also granted the organization a great power. The technology of Tselamim.

For many years, R.A.M was respected by all the hunters of the israeli side, and even by some of the palestinian compacts, something which had given them freedom to deal with most potential threats- especially with the danger of relics and the cults which gathered around them. But few years ago, things has started to change- new, anarchistic compacts try to break R.A.M’s almost full hegemony over the Vigil. Cults rapidly rise, and new relics show up in the most unexpected places. Something is brewing beneath the surface- but they would not waver, for they have the strength of a Re’em.

Divisions:
    The Special Operations Division performs most field projects. They are the ones who search after wanted monsters, infiltrating guarded bases and securing dangerous relics, and they are all skilled warriors. (Specialty- Brawl: Krav Maga)

The Archaeological Research Division works closely with the Antiquities Authority, studying history and archaeology in order to find and identify new relics. They are also the ones to test new Tselamim prototypes on field. (Specialty- Academics: Archaeology)

The Intelligence and Investigation Division performs the most dangerous missions of all- they join cults and gather information from the inside. They are always under close supervision, to make sure they won’t forget their true loyalties. (Specialty- Subterfuge: feign loyalty)

0- you are a new asset of the conspiracy, allowing you to buy dots in the Tselamim Endowment.
    000- your gained the trust of the conspiracy and access to their information. You get Contacts for 3 dots in either the Mossad, Shin Bet, IDF division or even another Compact/Conspiracy.
    00000- members at that position fully understand R.A.M’s MO. You may teach any Tactic you know to other conspiracy members even if you lack the prerequisites.

Endowment- Tselamim
    Man was made in God’s image, a divine light in mortal coil. Each Vessel carries the soul of its maker, making them into another echo of God’s figure. Keter moves to Tifereth, Yesud goes to Malchut. By creating a figure of those figures, a Tselem, the powers of Above could be duplicated, granting Da’at- even if only temporary.

Most of R.A.M’s members don’t know the theory behind Tselamim. All they know is that the conspiracy has managed to analyze the powers behind the relics and remove their danger using cutting edge technology- and if someone wonders why the Tree of Life Diagram decorates their weapons and offices, they don’t do so out loud.

Tselamim itself is a single, 1-5 merit which grants access to individual powers. Each Tselem is a single item holding a Dread Power. In order to access a Tselem, the hunter must have a Tselamim rating equal to the desired item, and she may not carry more Tselamim than her Status at the same time. While Tselamim do not require Willpower for activation, they can only be used for a number of times equal to [6 - Tselem]. There is a way around it, although- by paying the Willpower cost of the power (minimum 1), the hunter may use the item without expanding its uses, although doing so would make her a subject to the Vessel’s Curse (represented by a Bane) for [Tselamim] days.
    Last edited by LostLight; 09-07-2017, 11:17 AM.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

You've done a good job there. The Hunters being folded into the IDF is a great bit of creative history.

Comment

And this is why hes the pro

Comment

considering Raziel is a military weapons developer, how do the these two major Israeli conspiracies interact?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

I'd pick a wand thats a blast 5 dread power
          now i have a character idea of a guy who loves wizards and wants to be one who asks supernaturals to give him magic or kill them and is part of this conspiracy thanks now i just need to convince my storyteller

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
            considering Raziel is a military weapons developer, how do the these two major Israeli conspiracies interact?
            they are well aware of each other's existence and role in the Vigil, and they respect that- however, while they do have some sort of alliance (especially against the more anarchistic compacts, like the Society of Nimrod or the Maagal), they do not fully trust each other. R.A.M main interest is supernatural relics and cults, and Raziel seem to be too much of both of them- sure, Theo-Tech looks like technology, but R.A.M have managed to get their hands on one or two of those items only to discover they make absolutely no sense. Trying to infiltrate their factories as proved itself almost impossible, as somehow they always know (sometimes, the CEO himself shows up to scold the spy and kindly walk him out of the place). The information they have managed to gather shows the importance of some occult book for the company, the use of religious symbols and a weird hierarchical structure- all signs for a cult, not not to mention their loyalty to their leader. While their items don't seem to radiate Aor (as they call Sekhem), they know that the Arisen (or "Pharaonim") are not the only ones to form such cults. Add to this rumors like human experimentation, and some very tense relationship between the two groups.

However, R.A.M knows that Israel's security agencies (including themselves) need Raziel. They make their weapons, their equipment, even some of their programs. Raziel gets governmental funding and protection, having a strong lobby in the Knesset. They are the biggest players in the israeli weapon industry, and whatever they do- it works. Plus, they help them fighting the influence of foreign conspiracies (such as Cheiron) and they can deal with certain phenomena R.A.M don't really understand (such as Infrastructures and angels). Also, they also usually track down God Machine cults, making them into valuable assets in such operations. They don't trust them- but they know they need them, so as long as there is no game changer (*cough* project NEPHILIM *cough*), R.A.M will maintain its alliance with Raziel- even if it would not blindly trust them and keep trying to sniff out their secrets.

Raziel, on the other hand, knows it plays a dangerous game. They know that R.A.M can't touch them for now, but they also know that R.A.M is much stronger than them in their own home base. If their skeletons will ever be out of the closet, R.A.M may decide to act- and nothing good may come out from the two biggest conspiracies of Israel fighting each other (other than for Yam VeNahar- they would probably find a way to make some profit from all the mess). Thankfully, the relics R.A.M search for do not register as Empyrean Phenomena (at least, for Theo-Tech, but sometimes not for the Unseen Senses- which make some members wonder if Sukenik didn't sabotaged the TT in order to avoid conflict with R.A.M, which means that at least he knows how they work), so they rarely get to a conflict over the same target. Still, it doesn't mean they don't make preparation for a potential "war" between the two groups- rumors say that the Engineers has developed a new TT which can deactivate, or maybe even destroy, Tselamim, but you also need to remember that R.A.M's greatest asset is their agents, and each is a capable warrior with or without their Endowment.

But for now, both conspiracies have much greater problems to deal with than their mutual suspect and distrust, and as long as their don't harm each other's interests not only that they won't work against each other, they would even work together. Mixed Raziel/R.A.M cells is not something unheard off, at least on specific missions which include God Machine cults and their like.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Why aren't you working for onyx path you would great but im not going to act like transgression fan and complain that they should hier you they have great workers already like monoca and that guy working on deviant and much more but just saying your why i make home brew conspiracys thank you
              now i sound like a stocker

Comment

Between this, Valkyrie, and the new rules for Endowments I think I now want to homebrew myself a Conspiracy... We already have a department in the military dedicated to exhuming, collecting, and returning the war dead from the Korean War. I can easily how that can be given a supernatural flair.

On your work itself, so how does Tselamim work? Raziel already has God-Machine stuff as their thing, so I assume the Kabbalah references are at least not of the Machine? Just another mystery in the setting, like the source of Benedictions?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                  On your work itself, so how does Tselamim work? Raziel already has God-Machine stuff as their thing, so I assume the Kabbalah references are at least not of the Machine? Just another mystery in the setting, like the source of Benedictions?
                  I'm a big fan of "you are what you kill"- so while the exact details of Tselamim would remain a mystery, you can be sure it involves Sekhem manipulation, one way or another.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Nah i think the new rule for endowment suck compered to the old one but whatever you like

Comment

Stereotypes:
                      Raziel Ltd: "something fishy going down in that company, I tell you- we appreciate their help and technology, but we can't fully trust them either"
                      Yam VeNahar: "they'll sell their own country if they think they can get some profit out of this. Actually, that's exactly what they are doing. Stay watchful"
                      Nimrod Society: "they constantly rage against the "status que" and the "old order" and that they want things to change. The only reason they can complain is thanks to us doing our job"
                      Maagal HaBaal VeHaAshera: "we have a lot of reports about that group of artists, which seem to craft strange items of power. While they don't seem to work for a Pharaoh, they are playing with dangerous powers. They are a threat"
                      Task Force- VALKYRIE: "we maintain healthy connection with out american parallel, trading information and intelligence about potential threats to both out countries. We do not, however, share everything with them- who knows what they do if they'll get their hands on our Tselamim"
                      Aegis Kai Doru: "we have clashed with them more than once, as we both fought over the same relic- but we can't allow them do what they want. Gathering all of those artifacts in their labyrinths is not securing them- it's building an A-bomb"
                      Faithful of Shulpae: "we try to erase that cult from our country for years- but until now, without success. They are tougher than it seem, but you are, after all, what you eat"
                      HaKollel Shel HaMerkava: "you may look like a rabbi, but before I could trust you I need to make sure that your god is our God- for I have seen my share in my life, and they weren't pretty""

​"I'll say it only once- get your hands off that medallion"
                      Last edited by LostLight; 09-07-2017, 11:20 AM.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Hehe. I am really looking forward to whatever extra content you put up for these guys. Heck, I'm rather curious about what they'd think of Amkhata, Neithian Architecture, and Seba.

On a related note, why do I get the feeling that these guys might have more than a few Sekhem Sorcerers hiding in their ranks? They seem to be the most likely source of the Tselamim.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                        Age of Azar
                        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
                          Hehe. I am really looking forward to whatever extra content you put up for these guys. Heck, I'm rather curious about what they'd think of Amkhata, Neithian Architecture, and Seba.
                          I'm going to add the Enemy section today in order to expand those subjects

On a related note, why do I get the feeling that these guys might have more than a few Sekhem Sorcerers hiding in their ranks? They seem to be the most likely source of the Tselamim.
                          yep

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Another question came to mind. How does RAM deal with other kinds of magical items like Fetishes, Imbued Items and Artifacts, and Tokens?

"My Homebrew Hub"
                            Age of Azar
                            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

The Enemy

Ask a R.A.M agent about who their enemy is, and they would probably look at you like you a are a complete idiot. "It's simple" he'll say "Any monster who threats our homeland". That's, at the very least, their explicit mission- be them vampires, werewolves, witches, ghosts or any other kind of strange creature which bumps at you at the night, any being which is considered as a threat for the security of israeli citizens is, as far as the Authority is concerned, an enemy. That also mean that any such creature which does not pose a direct threat for Israel security is not an enemy- although many of them are considered to be potential threats. Most of the creatures in that list are witches, changelings and ghostwalkers, but sometimes other monsters prove themselves trustworthy enough to not be considered an "immediate threat". Some, however, are threats from the moment they are born- vampires, for example, feed on human blood, legendary beasts in human skin desire human fear and rise fanatic murderers, demons steal human lives and wear them like rag dresses. While eradicating those monsters from the face of earth is impossible, the R.A.M keeps close watch over them, waiting for them to cross the lines. Slashers, however, while being included as "kill on sight" targets, usually don't take a great amount of the Authority's resources- for some reason, Israel has saw very few true Slashers during its existence, and those who are are clever enough to hide their existence under the guise of "mundane" violence.

While the Authority targets all sorts of threats, its great interest in the relics of the past can't be denied- after all, the level of the threat can't even be compared. A monster threatens you? You kill it, end of the story. But a relic? Those mystical artifacts hide themselves among mundane archaeological items, in forgotten shelves of antique stores, in the prized collections of the rich elites. Worse, they lurk under the very ground you walk- a common joke says that in Israel, no matter where you dig, you will find something, and for some reason, it seems like the Holy Land is richer with relics than the average (some jokingly say it is because all of the blood spilled in there through the ages. Some aren't sure it is really a joke). Those relics, with their strange cults and potent powers, can cause a massive damage even in the hands of mortal humans. Add to that the tendency of people to gather around the said items and form cults, and you got yourself a real problem. From the R.A.M's point of view, dealing with those relics and the cults is their top priority- after all, when you protect a person from a vampire, you save their body. When you protect them from a relic, you save their soul.

While the threat of relics and cults was constant since the discovery at the Rockfeller Museum, lately that threat seems to become greater and greater, up to the point it requires most of the Authority's resources to deal with. Reports on cult activity come on daily bases, and the relics locked in R.A.M's bases seem to react to something- as if something is calling them, or maybe they are being called. Thankfully, the same technology used for making Tselamim (commonly known as Rukh technology) is also used to block those communications, but the Authority knows it doesn't truly solves the source of the problem, one which- thanks for a special operation conducted by both the Intelligence and Investigation Division combined with the Archaeological Research Division- has now name and a face. The Pharaonim.

The Pharaonim (the Hebrew plural for Pharaoh), or the Undying Ones as they are sometimes called (R.A.M refuse to use the term "mummy"), are being of tremendous power. God-like, some may even claim. Those creatures sit in the center of many cults, using them to wage their own private wars, accumulate wealth and gather the same relics R.A.M tries to lock down. Fighting such monsters head on is usually an hopeless act, and require the use of the most advanced Tselamim and a well though operation just to have a slight chance for success. Thankfully, those monsters seem to be asleep for most of the time, waking up only under certain conditions or to the prayers of their faithful (another reason to deal with cults before they become too powerful). The origin of those creatures is, at the moment, unclear- information gathered from the Intelligence Division seem to show certain pseudo-egyptian symbolism, and the Archaeological Division's research does support the claims of Egyptian origin, although certain experts which used carbon dating has tracked their origin to be much, much older. While the Authority is not aware of the existence of different "breed" of Pharaonim, they did noticed that certain cults have different themes, and that some show strange behavior like obsession for astrology or cannibalistic rites. At the moment, most of the R.A.M's efforts are invested at researching what is commonly known as Kivrei Tzadikim ("Toms of the Righteous"), as many people seem to search for those graves in order to gain all sorts of blessings, and more than one Pharaoh has masqueraded as a long dead, obscure rabbi in order to draw unaware faithful to their cult. At the moment, no success has been achieved on using the Rukh technology upon those creatures- but the Archaeological Research Division is working on it non-stop.

While the dead draw most of R.A.M's efforts, the living are no less problematic- certain individuals and cults has shown a certain ability to not only weave magic into items in order to create relics, but to influence those same forces in order to invoke all sorts of spells and magics. The most organized of such sorcerers is a group known as Maagal HaBaal VeHaAshera- a small organization of artists which draw upon Canaanite mythology for their creations and enchant their art. While those sorcerers do not seem to pose a direct threat, considering the fact that they work against the Pharaonim's influence in their own way, the R.A.M is yet to trust them, and carefully watch their so called "idols" for negative influence upon the surroundings. Other sorcerers are not so lucky- many of them have been arrested by the Authority, their research taken and their tools destroyed. The more innocent ones are sometimes recruited to the conspiracy, usually in order to work on improvement for the Tselamim technology. Those who dabble in the darker sides of the art, however, are being locked down- if not stopped in much more definite ways.

Finally, just as not all cults are connected to relics or the Pharaonim, other supernatural forces are known to create relics. Those items are not effected by the strange technology which produces Tselamim- most of the time, the act simply fails. On others, the relic in question is destroyed, or perhaps even reacts with the technology to create unexpected occurrences. Still, it is hard to notice from first sight about whether a certain relic is Pharaonic or not, and since it is better safe than sorry many such items has found their way to the conspiracy's offices (after all, even if they are not connected to the Undying, it doesn't mean they aren't dangerous). Those items are being kept in special safes, away from the curious hands of certain monsters (witches, usually) or other conspiracies (such as the Aekis Kai Doru, with whom R.A.M has long standing rivalry). An even more exotic phenomena are "relics" which are not, actually, relics- those are songs, poetry or other non-physical forms of art. Those Nephashoth are usually invisible, yet they could be perceived and bound using a Rukh-based equipment. Unlike the relics powered by the magic of heavens, the powers of the fae or weird occult science, a Nephesh, once bound, could be duplicated using Rukh technology as if it was a relic.
                              Last edited by LostLight; 05-24-2017, 06:23 PM.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                              X