Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with character creation and a place to play.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunbird
    started a topic Help with character creation and a place to play.

Help with character creation and a place to play.

Hello,

I'm new to Hunter and role-playing in general and I need some help making a PC for Hunter:The Vigil.

The character I was thinking of is going to be a gun store owner or employee, who is a bit of a leftist despite his open views on firearms ownership. He is not a soldier or big game hunter, just an average Joe who has an interest in guns and self defense.(practical self defense, none of that crazy “tactical” stuff you see a lot on YouTube.)

I don’t know what Skills, Attributes, Profession, Virtue and Vice, and Traits to choose from.Even though he is going to be a decent shot(3 points?) I feel like I want to put most of my skill points into social instead of physical. Most of the time he is either helping a customer find the right gun and gear for their needs or giving newcomers instructions on how to use a firearm safely at a range. Is that a good idea?

As for the hunter Organization he is part of, I’m thinking that he would fit right in to The Union due to his political leanings. Either that or just be part of a local cell.

Im also trying to find a place online to play this game. I tried looking at Roll20 and this forum’s Play by Post, but I’ve had no luck. Is there any other site where I can find a game?

• Gunbird
    replied
    @Vent0

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I think if figured out what profession I will use for this character. Since his job consist mostly of selling and buying guns and equipment related to them, I will choose Professional. Is that a good choice?

I also think I go the idea were to use the skill points. But Im having a dilemma on how to spend the attributes points.

This is what I made up so far.

Name: Mark MacAteer

Concept: Vengeful gun store worker.

Virtue:Generous: Before he partaked in vigil he was willing to give people help, like giving food to good entries. Or giving out advice, such as how do use a gun safely and effectively. After joining The Union, he some time gives his fellow hunters ,and some local cells, free ammo and weapons. However he's very worried that his offerings might get him on want and attention from the local police and ATF.That and he doesn't want to give a mall ninja with a lack of trigger discipline a expensive semi auto rifle.

Vice: Wrath. Mark been on edge ever since his uncle was murdered and his mother in a coma do to a from a madman. The incompetence and political arguments he's been dealing with some customers is not helping. He feels like lashing out at the next redneck or fake soldier that comes into his store, which is a bad thing to do if that person's property armed.

Profession: Professional

Cell/Compact/Conspiracy: The Union

Flaws/Conditions: Embarrassing secret. Mark has a hatred for so called “operators” who have that have more useless gadgets on there weapons then they have common sense. Back in his late teens and early 20s he used to be like this and hopes no finds his old MySpace and gun forum post from those days.
    Shaken. Do he’s uncle's merder and his mothers hospitalization.

Date of Birth: Jun/7/1990
    Hair: Brown and short

Eyes: Hazel

Race: White

Nationality: Irish American

Height: 5.8

Weight: 200
    Sex:Male

Weapons: FNS-9 Compact For everyday cary. Full size FNS-9 and AR-15 (or lever action .30-30 if living in a more restricted state/city) if on attack mission or under serious threat from a super natural(s).

Gear: Folding knife(used as a tool, not as a weapon),Flash light.

Distinguishing Characteristics:

History:

I'll try to write up about his History and Characteristics later.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunbird View Post
    @Vent0

So how do Specialties work? And what do you mean by “outliner physical skill?’

Specialties are modifiers to Skills. Like Firearms (Target Shooting) or (Handguns). Whenever you use the Firearms skill and the Specialty applies (in this case, when target shooting or using handguns), you get +1 die to your roll. They are cheaper than Skill dots and establish that the character isn't generally better, just focused in one area.

As for outlier Skill, say Physical is Tertiary, but Firearms has 3 or 4 dots. The other skills suffer, and they aren't a physical person, but they can shoot.

Leave a comment:

• Gunbird
    replied
    @Vent0

So how do Specialties work? And what do you mean by “outliner physical skill?’

@Ameraaaaa

In order for use to play game, we need to somebody run it. And I don’t think there's anyone who wants to run a “core” version of Hunter on the Play-by-Post section. Last vigil game ended three years ago and the storyteller who is running it doesn't to be that active anymore.

Have ever played any forum RPs?

Leave a comment:

• Ameraaaaaa
    replied
    i want to play my 1st game of hunter to so lets try together

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunbird View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to Hunter and role-playing in general and I need some help making a PC for Hunter:The Vigil.

The character I was thinking of is going to be a gun store owner or employee, who is a bit of a leftist despite his open views on firearms ownership. He is not a soldier or big game hunter, just an average Joe who has an interest in guns and self defense.(practical self defense, none of that crazy “tactical” stuff you see a lot on YouTube.)

I don’t know what Skills, Attributes, Profession, Virtue and Vice, and Traits to choose from.Even though he is going to be a decent shot(3 points?) I feel like I want to put most of my skill points into social instead of physical. Most of the time he is either helping a customer find the right gun and gear for their needs or giving newcomers instructions on how to use a firearm safely at a range. Is that a good idea?

As for the hunter Organization he is part of, I’m thinking that he would fit right in to The Union due to his political leanings. Either that or just be part of a local cell.

Im also trying to find a place online to play this game. I tried looking at Roll20 and this forum’s Play by Post, but I’ve had no luck. Is there any other site where I can find a game?
    I don't see any issues with the Skill distribution - he probably has Specialties in Firearms as oppossed to raw skill ranks, or Firearms is the outlier Physical skill. As for the Union, there shouldn't be any issues politically - many unions (small u) lean left.

I can't help with a play venue online, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X