Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing an Ordinary Mortal who can stand up to Supernatural Enemies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MCN View Post
    not if they have the Just Bruised embed, which is pretty common. JB works when surprise attacked too, making such attacks a big gamble.
    Rinse and repeat. They still take one damage each time, and each time they use it, they get closer to (dramatically) failing the roll.

No kill like overkill.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
      Rinse and repeat. They still take one damage each time, and each time they use it, they get closer to (dramatically) failing the roll.

No kill like overkill.

There is no overkill - just Enough Kill and Not Enough Kill.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post

No kill like overkill.
        Then we're no longer playing rocket tag. The point is that demons are potentially immune to rocket tag, while they can easily dish out their own "rockets." Getting to a state where you can rinse and repeat is difficult. There are more survival-oriented options for dealing with one of the Unchained that don't involve direct conflict and very likely death.

Comment

Fair enough.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Hunting Demons is best done in the 'enemy of my enemy' fashion. Don't mistake the God Machine for your friend but it's a lot more capable of snuffing out a Demon forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Enginseer-42 View Post
              So, just like the thread Title says. Is there any way to play a completely ordinary mortal who can go up against a supernatural threat on 'fair' terms and win?
              Car bombs, roadside bombs, and collapsing skyscrapers that were hit via airplanes...

Originally posted by Deceased Prince of New York
              This is how secure my haven is, I'll tell you where it is an you shall still be unable to harm me... It is in one of the Twin Towers, thrice enchanted with wards by a council of Magi which rule the world, whose security can't be beat, for the Magi meet there as well. Before anyone with violent intent could even reach the floor I am on, or even know which it is they'd be detected magically and the Magi would have mortal pawns detain them. That is one of the reasons the Twin Towers are Elysium.
              The aforementioned Magi were (posthumously, they are also dead) Seers of the Throne. As a hypothetical example. BTW I use the World Trade Center in Portland Oregon as an Elysium and example of a haven of the three ruling Carthian Reeves.
              Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 07-09-2017, 03:28 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
              "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Working...
              X