Castlevania TV series is vampires hunter story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castlevania TV series is vampires hunter story

Netflix Castelvania anime series is really good in portraying historical hunters in XV century Europe. And this ever presented Inqustion… Interesting ideas for Hunter Cells are long families of hunters.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
    My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Isn't the tone of this show rather at odds with the themes of Hunter: the Vigil?

Comment

It's the story of lone hunter against eldritch vampiric horror - I think it's exactly in the themes of HtV games.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
      My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

If anything, it might be a mixed chronicle: Trevor teams up with a mage and a vampire against a greater evil. (And possibly another mortal, if Ellis didn't forget that Grant exists)

she/her

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          It's the story of lone hunter against eldritch vampiric horror - I think it's exactly in the themes of HtV games.
          The "lone" part is where I see a disconnect, yes. A single badass hunter taking on vampires isn't really Vigil's bailiwick. HtV's hunters need to rely on numbers, cleverness and evening out the playing field any way they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Morty View Post

The "lone" part is where I see a disconnect, yes. A single badass hunter taking on vampires isn't really Vigil's bailiwick. HtV's hunters need to rely on numbers, cleverness and evening out the playing field any way they can.
            In third episode there is nice scene where Trevor teach peasants how to defend monsters - and he even coordinates Tactics execution!

Comment

Originally posted by Manic Pixie Dreamcast View Post
              If anything, it might be a mixed chronicle: Trevor teams up with a mage and a vampire against a greater evil. (And possibly another mortal, if Ellis didn't forget that Grant exists)

Half vampire, very important.

Well, to be fair, he's using a holy weapon that was specifically created to slay vampires and his bloodline has made it their sworn mission to oppose Dracula throughout the ages.

Besides, every time they kill Dracula, he just comes back 100 years later, so it's not really an enemy they can defeat.
              Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-18-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Do half vampires exist in CoD? I was just rounding up.

she/her

Comment

Yes, the dhampir.

Comment

Dhampir should be making an appearance as a playable minor template in the upcoming VtR2E book: Half-Damned

Comment

Having actually watched the show now...

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                      Well, to be fair, he's using a holy weapon that was specifically created to slay vampires and his bloodline has made it their sworn mission to oppose Dracula throughout the ages.

Besides, every time they kill Dracula, he just comes back 100 years later, so it's not really an enemy they can defeat.
                      Even with a holy weapon, a Vigil character's not going to go toe-to-toe with a vampire. Or half-vampire. Besides, in Vigil, holy powers come with a catch the side of Dracula's goatee.

Trevor's a vampire hunter alright, but the genre is pretty different than what Vigil portrays. The villagers he trains to kill the monsters, that's closer.

Comment

Having actually watched the show now...

Even with a holy weapon, a Vigil character's not going to go toe-to-toe with a vampire. Or half-vampire. Besides, in Vigil, holy powers come with a catch the side of Dracula's goatee.

Trevor's a vampire hunter alright, but the genre is pretty different than what Vigil portrays. The villagers he trains to kill the monsters, that's closer.

Would be pretty surprised if a single hunter could tackle this:

Comment

Working...
                        X