Do we know when 2e is coming out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we know when 2e is coming out?

Sorry if this is redundant. I've been out of the loop for a few months, but I'm looking to start a new game (set in 80s Miami, a bit homebrewed to accommodate a slightly more comic
    setting), and I'm trying to decide if I should tweak the original core to match the 2e rules (which I love), or just hold off until the new book comes out.

So... any word on the release window?

Originally posted by dxanders View Post
    So... any word on the release window?
    There is nothing definitive. But as we only had literally 3 very early previews of 2E ( this, this and this - with a very big dosage 'everything in those can change' ) and last Monday Meeting Notes point HtV 2E corebook as in first Redlines - I will be shocked if we see book before end of 2018. It's all my guessing ( as always with RPG books ), but based on observation of previous 2E corebooks production process. Hunter 2E is moving - it's just only on 1/4 of writing process, more or less.

I think you should run '1.5E' game and just be ready to switch rules IF game actually comes out. We are 1,5 year before premier ( I think ) so you may as well end game even before it.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-16-2017, 02:05 AM.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
    My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
    MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events

Comment

My guess is 2019-2021. Changeling will have a Kickstarter later this year and might come out either late 2017 or sometime during 2018. Then I think it's time for Geist which I believe will take at least a year after Changeling. Once Geist is out I predict at least another year before Hunter.

Edit: I forgot about Deviant. I'm not sure when Deviant is supposed to get released, but probably before Hunter seeing how long it's been in development. That could be another year before Hunter gets released.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Short answer: We don't know yet.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Tessie, we can have more than one game 2E corebook in one year. It's exactly what happened in 2015 ( Werewolf and Beast ) and 2016 ( Mage and Promethean ). So 2E Changeling coming in 2018 does not preclude Geist or Hunter in the same year. Hunter will be probably much later because it is in early writing, for now.
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-16-2017, 09:02 AM.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
          My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
          MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events

Comment

My guess is next year after Geist. Last I heard, a week or two ago, Deviant wasn't approved to have an official outline yet. I think Mortal Remains has suggestions on updating Hunter. I think you will have to do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
              My guess is 2019-2021. Changeling will have a Kickstarter later this year and might come out either late 2017 or sometime during 2018. Then I think it's time for Geist which I believe will take at least a year after Changeling. Once Geist is out I predict at least another year before Hunter.

Edit: I forgot about Deviant. I'm not sure when Deviant is supposed to get released, but probably before Hunter seeing how long it's been in development. That could be another year before Hunter gets released.
              Hah, Geist coming out before Vigil. Tell me another one.

Comment

Wow. Okay, yeah. I'd thought it was further along with that. 1.5 it is! Thanks, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

Well over with cWoD it's looking like CtD20 is coming out before WtO20. So eh. These things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

Why would you say that? Hunter hasn't made it to second drafts and Geist is in the last of the writing stages before approval.

Comment

We have nothing against doing multiple cores a year. And it does look like Geist will be done before Hunter, barring unforeseen delays.

Rose Bailey
                      Onyx Path Development Producer
                      Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

I wander if the new hunter will be good or not hopefully it's good but the new endowment system is bothering me so hopefully it all go's well

Comment

The new endowment system reveal was an early draft. It will change before the release.

Comment

Yes endowment ftw then thank you good sir

Comment

Working...
                            X