Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think hunter the vigil should be it's own video game

It can go so may ways for how it will be
    It can be beholder gate or like the masquerade or something else i think every compat should have its own story maybe last play though can be chell level hunter vs a demi god for last boss then you get best ending where all supernatural are taken care of no more god machine or fea nothing

Yeah... Paradox and White Wolf won't (last I heard) be pursuing anything other than table-top with the Chronicles of Darkness lines.

All their other media attention is focused on the (one) World of Darkness.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I know but maybe if we found a few game worker's i can with help design the game it will be possible it will take a lot of years but it will be wroth it to make a hit like vampire the masquerade bloodlines and it can jump start my career so who knows and i know someone who might be able to help it's a long shot to get him on board but he can be a big asset and if we pay for the kickstarter then it will only be our loss not onyx path and as long as they get a cut then we might be able to make a hit that might bring new people into role-playing and if it fells then it's our loss not onyx path

Comment

Funding is only part of it. There is also the impact of brand dilution to consider.

If you can pitch a prototype to them, feel free, but even with a functional game practically gift-wrapped, there may be push-back due to marketing/politics.

Comment

The long shot is that White Wolf Entertainment owns Hunter: the Vigil and no project is legal without a licensing deal from them, which you wouldn't get even if you had big established names on board instead of an anonymous entrepreneur on the internet, because they're undertaking a long-term multimedia focus on the World of Darkness and don't want to dilute their brand identity.

(Onyx Path does not own the Chronicles of Darkness. They have a tabletop licensing deal based on a combination of respect for a history of stewardship of the tabletop games and the fact that tabletop rulebooks are commercially much lower profile than licensed video games.)

I think it's a nice idea too. The Vigil game in my head, personally, is a tactical game with cover elements XCOM style. But the folks with money have already decided to go in a different direction.

Comment

Alright but may as well then what that's it fine to bad it was not possible are you sure they won't do it doesn't matter because i don't like xcom style games but anyway im gonna wait till im a professional

Comment

Honestly? Best bet it to buy the license/IP out from White Wolf Entertainment.

I'm not really seeing that happening, but it is probably still the most likely option.

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                Honestly? Best bet it to buy the license/IP out from White Wolf Entertainment.

I'm not really seeing that happening, but it is probably still the most likely option.
                If you can make video games good enough to meaningfully boost the popularity of an IP, it's within the realm of possibility. But that's a big if.

Alternatively you might just make a spiritual successor, the way Xenonauts and Phoenix Point are to X-Com, or you just make the game, put it out there for free and don't make any claim to own it and let the Internet enjoy.

Comment

Ok thanks that's a great idea nofather

Comment

One of the pitches my game dev team heavily considered was basically Hunter the Vigil the game. Was going to be tier 1, 2D, have a major focus on investigation (would have had characters basically slowly develop their own monster wiki in the form of a journal) and turning your environment into traps (occult and/or mundane). Wasn't officially be a hunter the vigil game, but it would basically be one.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                      One of the pitches my game dev team heavily considered was basically Hunter the Vigil the game. Was going to be tier 1, 2D, have a major focus on investigation (would have had characters basically slowly develop their own monster wiki in the form of a journal) and turning your environment into traps (occult and/or mundane). Wasn't officially be a hunter the vigil game, but it would basically be one.
                      Funny you should mention that. There are a few small-scale games I'd like to do that take place in the form of journal-building. Unfortunately, all I've had time to do is some TWINE prototyping, which makes it hard to get the flipping-through-the-journal aspect going in a cool way.

Cavaliers of Mars Creator

Comment

One of the games on my too play list is Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments. It's your standard puzzle solving adventure game like Monkey Island but it has a unique mechanic that once you acquire clues you have to put them togeather. Get it right and you crack the case, get it wrong and you fail.

Something like that would work great for a hunter game. Divide it into two parts; an mystery part and combat part. In the mystery part you need to try and identify what monster you're up against (wolf prints, a werewolf? or maybe a Gangrel?).

Then when the combat part starts you select a limited amount of equipment. Do you go for silver bullets or a sharpened stake? Or do you hedge your bets and take some anti-vampire and some anti-werewolf gear?

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
                        Funny you should mention that. There are a few small-scale games I'd like to do that take place in the form of journal-building. Unfortunately, all I've had time to do is some TWINE prototyping, which makes it hard to get the flipping-through-the-journal aspect going in a cool way.
                        I've never developed in TWINE but I wouldn't be suprised if you could embed something like http://www.turnjs.com/ into it.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
                        My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
                        Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
                          Something like that would work great for a hunter game. Divide it into two parts; an mystery part and combat part. In the mystery part you need to try and identify what monster you're up against (wolf prints, a werewolf? or maybe a Gangrel?).

Then when the combat part starts you select a limited amount of equipment. Do you go for silver bullets or a sharpened stake? Or do you hedge your bets and take some anti-vampire and some anti-werewolf gear?
                          One idea I had which combines with this is that you can spend more time than technically necessary researching lore and getting clues past the time where you can start making traps, but the longer you take the more people die. So you have to weigh up that possibly incorrect knowledge with trying to prevent future deaths.

Comment

Makes sense to me.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
                            My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
                            Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

I do wish it wasn't decided to be too complex for the teams skill. At the very least it would have been a neat way to show a few Australian monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X