No announcement yet.

Fan Group PDF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaper, you've just made my life about 85% more simple.

Comment

If I did some printouts to work on editing during my vacation downtime, what would be the pieces that I should focus on as needing the most editing?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Focus on grammar and mark the sections that need sections about stuff like "Enemies", "Hunters", what's missing from the writeups that a hunter group would need.

Comment

Right, will do. any groups you specifically think need the most help though? I did a test print and even taking out all the pages with non-elaborated groups, it was still coming up to around 100 pages

Edit: Thanks for the response

So each needs: Status, Factions, Hunters, Enemy, Stereotypes and full rules on Endowment if they have one. Anything else?
          Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 08-14-2017, 10:02 AM.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
            Right, will do. any groups you specifically think need the most help though? I did a test print and even taking out all the pages with non-elaborated groups, it was still coming up to around 100 pages

Edit: Thanks for the response

So each needs: Status, Factions, Hunters, Enemy, Stereotypes and full rules on Endowment if they have one. Anything else?

Because of sheer volume alone, LostLight's Conspiracies could use a grammar rundown. I had to transfer the organizations from the forums to a Word Doc and then to Google Drive. After some point, Microsoft Word gave up on grammar-checking and turned it off. I did mark each organization with which sections they were missing so that should reduce some of the work load; there may be a few mistakes on my part though. Presumably, the organizations in the pdfs should be fine.

Based on the officially-released Compacts and Conspiracies, the true core components of an organization's write-ups are the Enemy, and Status sections. Stereotypes seem to stay a constant no matter what organization it is for, which I assume is due to flavor reasons. The organizations in the Dark Eras: Doubting Souls supplement dropped the Hunters and Factions section. The Gimu, the ronin organization that was cut from Dark Eras: Fallen Blossoms, and the Otodo DID actually give a justification as to why they didn't have established clear-cut divisions in their organizations and I believe the justification for the Doubting Souls lacking Factions is that their Compacts had no need to create factions because of a lack of unity.

Last edited by Reaper Verse; 08-14-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

a quick question- how problematic for you would it be for me adding some bonus material and stereotypes to some of my conspiracies? If you are in an advanced stage in the project, I would wait for it to come out in order to not throw you back into the sketch board every time I add new material :P

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                a quick question- how problematic for you would it be for me adding some bonus material and stereotypes to some of my conspiracies? If you are in an advanced stage in the project, I would wait for it to come out in order to not throw you back into the sketch board every time I add new material :P

Honestly, we are in no ways at an advanced stage in this project. As of right now, we're at the latter half of the writing stage and the very front of the formatting stage. There are a few organizations that I believe won't be updated any time soon unless their author catches wind so whatever updates you have for your organizations is absolutely fine to add.

In terms of formatting this collection into a PDF, the general idea is to have a splash image as a title page for each organization, followed by the name of the Compact or Conspiracy in a select font that matches the overall theme and mood of the organization. From there, the information will be added to the pages, with maybe a full-body image that represents a Hunter from the organization. Because of how most document-creating programs work (Microsoft Publisher and Adobe InDesign), adding another page inbetween pages is trivial and shouldn't do much to disrupt the document.

Comment

So another idea, but possibly something that may/may not work. Should we include several cults and the various homebrew slasher undertakings as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy254 View Post
                    So another idea, but possibly something that may/may not work. Should we include several cults and the various homebrew slasher undertakings as well?

I can definitely see the homebrew Slasher undertakings as Slasher is basically one of the more integral experiences with Hunters, especially as Hunter 2E includes the Slasher Chronicles.

With Cults, I think it would depend. If they're Mystery Cults, I feel that it would be more of a Blue Book forum compendium sort of situation. If it's a Cult as based on the Cult fanbook, I can see it being included. I know that I added the Order of the Sheltering Spire as well as the Athenic Church. As a side-note, is there an "official" definition of a Convention (i.e. Bastet's Beloved, the Firebrand Movement, the Knights Errant)?

As for the PDF, how should it be structured? Is it going to be a catalog that just records the list of organizations that we currently have or is it going to be divided into sections akin to Mortal Remains?

Comment

Basic thoughts for me are, since the first run through showed that trying to separate by continent doesn't give you much detail to work with in terms of the organizations listed, we split it more reasonably.

Chapter 1: Compacts

Chapter 2: Conspiracies

Chapter 3: Cults

Chapter 4: Slashers

Edit: Just had another idea, include several ideas for endowments and optional tactics and professions as well? Kind of an appendix piece after those chapters?
                      Last edited by Flyboy254; 08-20-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy254 View Post
                        Basic thoughts for me are, since the first run through showed that trying to separate by continent doesn't give you much detail to work with in terms of the organizations listed, we split it more reasonably.

Chapter 1: Compacts

Chapter 2: Conspiracies

Chapter 3: Cults

Chapter 4: Slashers

Edit: Just had another idea, include several ideas for endowments and optional tactics and professions as well? Kind of an appendix piece after those chapters?

That sounds good. I did have a doc with various Undertakings that I need to dig up. As with the Endowments and optional Tactics/Professions, I haven't documented those yet but hopefully there should be some floating around.

Comment

Excellent. Everyone else? Get searching, drag up what you can, post a link here. If you don't have a link, contact Reaper about getting to the docs. Aquatic, we'll take what we can from the doc we compiled and move what was good to Reaper's database before deleting that one. Kings, can you drag up several of those undertakings?

Comment

Unfortunately I think chamelions and bogeyman are well and truly lost with the old forum and apart from the ones I wrote they're the only ones I know off.

Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                            The Gimu, the ronin organization that was cut from Dark Eras: Fallen Blossoms, and the Otodo DID actually give a justification as to why they didn't have established clear-cut divisions in their organizations and I believe the justification for the Doubting Souls lacking Factions is that their Compacts had no need to create factions because of a lack of unity.
                            As I said at the time, that justification is lacking.

In some groups the factions are just that, organised factions. In others they're more like internal philosophies that a hunter might ascribe too. The Bear Lodge and Les Mysteries for example.

There are a few organizations that I believe won't be updated any time soon unless their author catches wind so whatever updates you have for your organizations is absolutely fine to add.
                            Just a heads up, I have had a tendency to make tweaks to my groups every now and again.

(And just incase, the canonical version of The Athenic Church is in the cults wiki

In terms of formatting this collection into a PDF, the general idea is to have a splash image as a title page for each organization, followed by the name of the Compact or Conspiracy in a select font that matches the overall theme and mood of the organization.

with maybe a full-body image that represents a Hunter from the organization.
                            I'm more than happy to suggest ideas for images and fonts to any of my groups that are lacking one.

Do let me know what you had in mind, because mine could get really elaborate if you don't.
                            Last edited by The Kings Raven; 08-21-2017, 04:44 PM.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
                            My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
                            Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

just a question- Cabals are going to be under Slashers, or is that section meant only for Undertakings? Because I have wrote a few of those, and I do plan on making a few more.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Hmmm. We could have slashed cabals with slashers, what do you all think?

Comment

Working...
                                X