No announcement yet.

Fan Group PDF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some quick images for Project: THOTH and the Reality Hackers.

Comment

• Love 'em. Where do you come up with this?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Both were based off of concepts proposed by the original authors. I just source images and create a composition that would roughly match the concept. For groups that don't have an image concept ready (Brotherhood of All Worlds), I just wing it and see what matches the organization's feel and mood.

EDIT: Heck, here's another one; tried working with the original concept a bit since it was rather finicky to find an exact image to match the specifications. Also did a more-jokey one based on the cover of a well-known American kid's horror series.

Last edited by Reaper Verse; 01-02-2018, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• I like them both

(The first Ride is the real one right? )

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
          My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
          Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

• Yeah. The first ride is the one we're gonna use. I did the second one because the composition reminds me of the Goosebumps book series so I did it out of funsies.

Comment

• And one more before I retreat and regain my Willpower and Inspiration: the Pretty Guardian Faerie Knights, or Bishoujo Senshi Yousei Kishi. This one is less of a pic-for-pic capture of a magical girl in action (on the grounds that I would feel weird using someone's cosplay) and more of a cover for the manga that was written by the Conspiracy's founder.

Comment

• Makes you wonder how princesses would react to them.

Comment

• Comparing the two, Nobles pledge their allegiance to a Queen and are supposed to be hyper-sensitive to suffering while the Faerie Knights made a pact with some Fae creature and are ultimately free from the Princesses' limitations. In terms of working theories, the Radiant might assume that the Faerie Knights are aligned with the Twilight Queens, possibly Storms or Mirrors due to their aptitude at fighting and their ability to enter the Hedge. Alternatively, they could consider the Faerie Knights to be Princesses from a different Queen entirely, an alien Queen from outside of the Kingdom. They might speculate that the Faerie Knights are under the flag of some sort of Faerie Queen who has her own agenda. And somehow, that Faerie Queen gifts the Faerie Knights with a stronger tolerance to suffering.

I feel that Nobles would initially welcome a Faerie Knight as one of their own until they see that the Faerie Knight is willing to compromise themselves in order to fight against the Unseelie. After that, they may recognize the Faerie Knight as a potential liability or a walking time bomb.

Comment

• Princesses would also notice that as a full splat compared to an Endowed Hunter; they're significantly more powerful. Depending on the Princess they might also be instantly able to tell whoever they're looking at isn't a Princess.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
                    My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
                    Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

• Three things:

1) It's spelled Matt Engarde,

2) I think we can add Robert Daly from the Black Mirror episode USS Callister to the list of Inspirations for Collectors or Alphas. He's what happens when you give them actual Dread Powers. Also, watch it, it's probably the best episode in Season 4.

3) Monika? I've played DDLC and while I agree she's good Slasher material, I'm wondering if she's good Warden material.
                      Her whole thing is that her polite personality isn't an act, she's genuinely sweet and friendly but doesn't view the other characters as real people. She seems too eager to connect with anyone, not just the player, for Warden monomania.
                      Last edited by Leliel; 01-11-2018, 10:49 PM. Reason: Realized I should have done that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                        3) Monika? I've played DDLC and while I agree she's good Slasher material, I'm wondering if she's good Warden material. Her whole thing is that her polite personality isn't an act, she's genuinely sweet and friendly but doesn't view the other characters as real people. She seems too eager to connect with anyone, not just the player, for Warden monomania.
                        I think I categorized Monika as a Warden because of the following.

Wardens, by nature of being Wardens, strip themselves of everything except for the target of their affections. Although Monika's goal is ultimately to realize herself as a real person in some way outside of the game, she directs most of this energy towards winning the love of the player, the only real person in her world aside from herself (as she believes). Compared to Wardens, Monika has way more substance to her personality, yes, but I feel that her desperation and disregard for others (and somewhat including the player as she locks the player into an unwinnable situation in game; out of game she's ultimately powerless) pushes her beyond a regular Sentinel.

The first run-through, Monika had implicitly stacked the deck in her favor by altering Sayori's depression, Yuri's obsession, and Natsuki's inferiority while running through the game under it's own rules. Sayori commits suicide over it and the game resets with Monika having to make heavier alterations to "fix" the situation. The second run-through shows that Monika is way more willing to force the game, the universe, and the characters to play under her rules in order to force her own happy ending. Removing Sayori while further enhancing Yuri and Natsuki's negative traits ends up backfiring as it makes her realize that the game is not going to give her what she wants (the minor monologue about her wanting to make the club more inclusive against what the other club members want and her desperation to keep the game from fading to black). Yuri's suicide forces Monika to completely alter the game in order to lock her and the player into an infinite loop where the player can only "interact" with her and her alone. In-game, this is Monika's endgame win condition as she gets what she "wanted" in the form of the player's attention on her. Granted, she's willing to let it go in the Golden Ending but it shows that Monika is entirely fine with effectively erasing her entire universe to make sure that she gets a little bit of happiness.

The other factor that lead into Monika's classification as a Warden is the medium. Monika is a character who gains a form of sentience and uses it to limit the player's attention to her, even for a small amount of time. While the author does run her Twitter page and she has made some effort to branch out, she does not truly exist outside of the game except in fan art and such. As a game character, her existence is ultimately tied to the player(s), as how a Warden's existence is tied to their beloved.

If Monika is ever downgraded, I'll probably replace her with Gasai Yuno from Future Diary, otherwise known as the Goddess of Yanderes.

Comment

• Ah, that makes sense.

Reading over Cults, can I suggest making the Cage of Shadows TERFs (Trans-exclusionary Radical Feminists)?

They seem like the type hostile to those who go outside of their birth gender roles, especially transwomen. To them, it's a complete spit in the eye of Lilith, as the very existence of a transwoman means that someone born assigned male can be really female and thus meant to be a ruler and if he (the cult has a tendency to misgender transsexuals as a sign of contempt) is really a ruler, then that means maybe rulers should treat their subjects better, and they act utterly horribly to their subjects and...

Far better to call them abominations and avoid the moral questions altogether. The irony of being proud self-described feminist rebels who attack those who cannot fit into a patriarchal worldview is usually lost on them.

(I know it's LostLight who makes the call, I just thought that since they're the worst part of feminism, we should probably invoke a part of feminism the larger ideology itself hates).

Comment

• Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                            Ah, that makes sense.

Reading over Cults, can I suggest making the Cage of Shadows TERFs (Trans-exclusionary Radical Feminists)?

They seem like the type hostile to those who go outside of their birth gender roles, especially transwomen. To them, it's a complete spit in the eye of Lilith, as the very existence of a transwoman means that someone born assigned male can be really female and thus meant to be a ruler and if he (the cult has a tendency to misgender transsexuals as a sign of contempt) is really a ruler, then that means maybe rulers should treat their subjects better, and they act utterly horribly to their subjects and...

Far better to call them abominations and avoid the moral questions altogether. The irony of being proud self-described feminist rebels who attack those who cannot fit into a patriarchal worldview is usually lost on them.

(I know it's LostLight who makes the call, I just thought that since they're the worst part of feminism, we should probably invoke a part of feminism the larger ideology itself hates).
                            considering that real life orthodox Judaism has certain problems at dealing with transexuals, it makes sense that Lilith's cult may be just as complicated about the subject. I do not know the subject well enough, however, so if you feel inspired you could make a sidebar about it and I'll check it out.

​Also, Reaper Verse, where can I find the additional text you added to the Silver Syndicate? I want to add it to their writeup, as it was really cool. I alsio have thoughts about styling Concrete Beast as a local Spirit Noble with a Numina which allows it to grant Honorary Ranks to chosen mortals or something, which may be cool to add.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                              Spirit Noble with a Numina which allows it to grant Honorary Ranks to chosen mortals or something
                              A new Noble Numina?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

A new Noble Numina?
                                exactly what I was thinking

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                                X