X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyboy254
    started a topic Fan Group PDF

Fan Group PDF

Okay, so I'm trying to compile all the best quality fan organizations, and if you guys think so a few other things, together in a PDF that organizes these creations into one resource for anyone to use. Right now it's in the rough stages, but this thread is basically the focal point for finding what might have been lost.

Case in point, The Carpenters. Does anyone still have their writeup/know if Sammi still frequents the forums?

• Reaper Verse
    replied
    Understandable. I'll figure something out.

Leave a comment:

• The Kings Raven
    replied
    I just feel there should be some twist to the font. It's a very mundane font, and less occult groups like Project Thoth get non-mundane fonts.

Leave a comment:

• Reaper Verse
    replied
    All honesty, I tend to avoid fonts like that. A little to on-the-nose and cheesy for my tastes. If anything, I could have the name of the organization in Hebrew like how the Starlight Guardians are in Japanese.

Leave a comment:

• The Kings Raven
    replied
    I like Hakollell, but why not use a hebew inspired font for them? Something like: http://www.1001fonts.com/sefer-ah-font.html http://www.1001fonts.com/sholom-font.html or http://www.1001fonts.com/kanisah-font.html

All three are free for personal use.

Leave a comment:

• Reaper Verse
    replied
    It's definitely supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek parody of insurance ads. Figured that the images can be considered acceptable breaks. If not, I can always revise the text to be more like an insurance company marketing towards paranoid spiritualists who want to avoid hauntings rather than making it explicit.

Leave a comment:

• Flyboy254
    replied
    I like the work with the golem, looks perfect for what the point is.

SRO looks great, but is that meant to be an ad for the hunter community only?

Leave a comment:

• Reaper Verse
    replied
    Got two more pieces up. One is for Hakollel shel Hamerkava. The other is for SRO.

‚Äč

Originally posted by Pierrew View Post
    Can I help you guys with something. I like this project you guys are doing preserving and finishing fan-made stuff. Pm me if there's any there groups you aren't working on so I can make a list of things I can finish that won't interfere with the fan book. And if anyones working on the Zealot inform me of that too.

At this point, we do have a working list of groups that are considered fully finished and groups that, for the most part, won't make the cut. Basically, most of the grunt work is art and editing.

Leave a comment:

• Pierrew
    replied
    Can I help you guys with something. I like this project you guys are doing preserving and finishing fan-made stuff. Pm me if there's any there groups you aren't working on so I can make a list of things I can finish that won't interfere with the fan book. And if anyones working on the Zealot inform me of that too.

Leave a comment:

• Flyboy254
    replied
    Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
    I believe that they were made by Flyboy254.
    *Wearing giant fake mustache* Who is this Flyboy254? I know nothing about this man.

Leave a comment:

• Reaper Verse
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    you know, the Enemy/Factions/Hunters sections. I really liked that added material, and wanted to add it to the "official" writeup (with credit, of course).
    The copy of the Silver Syndicates that is accessible through Google Drive should contain all of the changes. The version history states that the changes were made anonymously, but I believe that they were made by Flyboy254.

Leave a comment:

• Darkblade
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post

(I'm still waiting for a Theater of Tragedies sidebar about trans people. It would be a great addition to them, considering their crossdressing and identity themes, but I always prefer to not write about something I do not know well enough, and I do not know the struggles that a trans person has to deal with).
    That's mostly why I've stalled on working on that. I know it is certainly a theme that they could be used to explore but I am not really sure that I'm someone who can handle it sensitively.

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Thanks. And yeah, reading it-yep, that was imprecise wording. The cult thinks being a monster is a good thing, but yeah, reading it again it seems like Jewish mysticism is calling them monsters, which isn't what I meant.

And probably give the Yiddish translation of their name at least (say it's "Kluv HaTselalim" in the original language but use the English name primarily).

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Okay!

The Long Shadow of Gender

most of it looks like a good addition to the group, considering that they do need to deal with such subjects, and may help for trans people who wish to use the group in their game (I'm still waiting for a Theater of Tragedies sidebar about trans people. It would be a great addition to them, considering their crossdressing and identity themes, but I always prefer to not write about something I do not know well enough, and I do not know the struggles that a trans person has to deal with). The only thing that a bit bothered me was that at first, quick read it seemed like you said that Judaism call trans people as monsters- in a second look it clears up that it is the view of the cult, but first impression is always a risky thing to deal with. Nothing that can't be solved by more careful wording.

Just to note, Orthodox Judaism, which is what the Cage base their heresy upon, holds the view that the gender to which the person was born to is their gender even if they go through the surgery and change it. That's why in Israel, according to some trans people I talked with, a trans woman can marry another woman, because she is not a woman at all. Again, complicated relationships. Just to give you a reference for the canon which the heresy defies.

On an unrelated note, what do you think about changing the name of the cult from English to Yiddish? It makes sense for them, considering their origin- even though they may use hebrew, but Kluv HaTselalim may sound a bit awkward.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post

Could you be more specific? Which additional text?
    you know, the Enemy/Factions/Hunters sections. I really liked that added material, and wanted to add it to the "official" writeup (with credit, of course).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X