Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would your Character Do? ( Hunter Ed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would your Character Do? ( Hunter Ed)

I have decided to do a game which i have done on other forums on this site here on Hunter. The rules are simple, i give you a scenario and you have to respond the way your current character or a past would with the stats they currently have or had on their sheets.

#1 You and your "partners" are in a small town in the Smokey Mountains looking for a slasher calling himself "Pythagoras" due to his obsession with the philosopher of the same name and him leaving complex mathematics equations on the scene of every crime as clue to where the next killing will take place. You eventually track him down to the Middle School . As you search the maze-like structure, you start to smell gasoline and smoke. Suddenly, the building is going up in a inferno. What does your character do to escape the school?

Break into a classroom on the ground floor, bust open a window, continue the search after avoiding the authorities and recovering. Also making sure some of the cell remains back in case backup is needed next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy254 View Post
      Break into a classroom on the ground floor, bust open a window, continue the search after avoiding the authorities and recovering. Also making sure some of the cell remains back in case backup is needed next time.
      Yeah, breaking the windows would probably be everyone's reaction. I wonder which Conspiracy would know who Pythagoras the philosopher was? Also, i am wondering what a murder themed after Pythagoras would look like?

Comment

Look for a fire extinguisher and break the window, or wait a moment until the smoke detectors activate the spray fans

Comment

Maybe this was just my schools, but some don't have sprinkler systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
            Yeah, breaking the windows would probably be everyone's reaction. I wonder which Conspiracy would know who Pythagoras the philosopher was? Also, i am wondering what a murder themed after Pythagoras would look like?
            Well all of them have access to Google and most of them have high school educations, so I would guess most of them . Unless he was like, secretly a Demon in the CoD.

It would probably either be a Maniac playing off of Pythagoras's philosophical followers, using him as a cult-like leader of a group of devoted minions, or a Genius playing off of his mathematician side predicting his opponents moves with "Advanced mathematical formula" and setting up traps (presumably with a lot of triangles involved).

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy254 View Post
              Maybe this was just my schools, but some don't have sprinkler systems.
              My middle schools had metal bars over the few windows, too. I guess it would depend on the school.

There were fire exits and extinguishers, though.

My hunter was a Lucifuge but was more of a Mental character, and would probably be the one to figure out things. I think his only Castigation was his Familiar, who didn't have any relation to fire. So it would be a lurching scramble towards the nearest exit.

Comment

Here's a more interesting scenario.

Your character was just arrested by the cops, and taken in for being connected to a series of unsolved cases involving assault, arson, and even murder. You know the truth, but the detectives don't.

Comment

My hunter would probably have an easy time getting the charges dismissed, considering his physical disability which would make many of these crimes hard to pull off, as well as his social connections. His familiar would likely harass the police for doing it, it being a mad vengeance-based demon.

Comment

Depending on the Hunter in question

Laine Whitaker is basically a monster in his own right by this point, hyped up on divine power and brainwashing as well as cybernetic enhancements, he's little more than a living weapon(to the point that I don't really even play him anymore, he's used more for background). In regards to the burning building I'm not entirely sure it would take him down even if he couldn't escape but he's more than capable of jumping out a window or something. For the authorities, well he's a high ranking member of a conspiracy, a living weapon of the Catholic Church, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to do anything,

Conrad Clarke: now Conrad is a bit more interesting. By sheer fact of the merits I gave him I'm still not sure a burning building would kill him but assuming it does he may use his contact with changelings to find a way out through the hedge, or he'd run out and brave crashing through it. In regards to the authorities, he'd use the allies and favors he's built up to get him out of it, he knows lots of people and is the union rep in his area.

Norman Mahn: Norman isn't insanely tough like the other two, a burning building will kill him but he's smart and had relics from the AKD that protect him to a degree, he could try to figure his way out the old fashioned way. In regards do feel authorities, he just uses his incognito relic he got and they just kind of forget about him

Of course these guys are probably high in XP than a lot of other hunters and I don't really play any of them anymore, usually just using them as characters in the games I run. They got some stuff not found in the base books since our group found things the storyteller had come up with.

Comment

Yank a fire escape map off the wall. Schools are required by law to keep fire evacuation maps posted in classrooms.

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
                      Hmm... Pythagoras is a well known name. Anyone who's taken any geometry or algebra in the US, is at least familiar with A^2 + B^2 = C^2. But if I had to pick a most likely:

Loyalists of Thule, Network zero (anyone with a significant computer science background is likely to have at least some grounding in mathematics), Malleus Maleficarum (you study Theology in any detail, you're going to run into some of the man's philosophical concepts), and Null Mysteriis.

As for what the crimes would look like... Pythagoras' Wikipedia page has some inspiration: in addition to mathematics, Pythagoras is also credited with the theory of the Music of the Spheres, in case you want to use the God Machine in your Hunter game. Fermat's Last Theorem and it's proof are hideous complex, and could possible give rise to a Genius Slasher.

Comment

Working...
                      X