Hunter 2ED: The Code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruger View Post
    I haven't had a lot of time lately, and have been sick all morning and thus really fell behind on this thread >_>.

As a final note, we should all remember that 1E Morality was much more limited then the current Code and Integrity system even taking into account the 1E Code and the optional "Monsters Don't Count" rule. I find it hard to believe that the 2E code- a flexible system- would be unable to do some of the same things the inflexible 1E system. In fact, most of the complaints relate to how similar it is is to 1E in many respects- such as "applying the same ideology to everyone". There is no way that the current code would reduce ideological diversity compared to 1E.
    ...yeaaaa honestly that's been my main issue with some of the views in this thread.

For me, it sounds like people are coming from the perspective that what we've of the 2E Code is somehow the most complete and final version of the system, and are immediately assuming that HtV2e is going to be dead on arrival due to this iteration not living up to the themes on what made people like about HtV1e.

Which I personally don't think so.

I think what we've got right now is a deliberately bare-bones version of the Code that is still a work in progress. That Monica, via the playtest, just wanted to see how the most basic form of the Code would work in play, take in feedback and fix any issues that might have cropped up, and THEN start layering on more advanced rules and other complexities on the basic system. Which would include stuff like Compact and Conspiracy-exclusive Codes and breaking points.

Can't have a good gameplay system unless if you're sure you have a strong foundation in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
      For me, it sounds like people are coming from the perspective that what we've of the 2E Code is somehow the most complete and final version of the system, and are immediately assuming that HtV2e is going to be dead on arrival due to this iteration not living up to the themes on what made people like about HtV1e.
      I don't think there's a single person in this thread who thinks it's going to be "dead on arrival."

Comment

Working...
      X