X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Killerclown
    • Jul 2016

Could this work as a Slasher?

I thought up a interesting Slasher for use in a potential Hunter game. The basic gimmick is that he is a Maniac-type of slasher who bases his crimes off of fairy tales like Hansel and Gretel and Red Riding Hood. He is also being follwed around by a invisible- wolf-like creature he calls " The Big Bad Wolf". Even worse is the fact that the Wolf seems to be the main reason he is killing due to the fact that it is egging him on. Could this concept work as a Slasher and what should the Big Bad Wolf be?
  • Vent0
    • Aug 2015

Sounds like it could work. As for BB... Inferno Demon? Angel pushing him toward an Occult Matrix? Spirit of Murder (possibly combined with an actual Wolf Spirit making it a Magath)? Fae (True, Hobgoblin, or Mad Changeling)? Abyssal thing?
    Last edited by Vent0; 11-16-2017, 08:17 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Master Aquatosic
      • Sep 2015

Would a wolf/murder spirit even be a Magath?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• nofather
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
        Would a wolf/murder spirit even be a Magath?
        Not necessarily. And of course a murder spirit could just look like a wolf without being a wolf-spirit.

The Dreadwolf, one of the Architect of Violence's champion Maeltinet is an anger/murder spirit that is very clearly a wolf.

Comment

• Flyboy254
          • Nov 2013

Alternatively, he's just imagining the wolf and he's mentally unstable.

Comment

• Killerclown
            • Jul 2016

I might go with either the wolf being imaginary or the wolf being a murder spirit. I wonder what murders based off of fairy tales would look like?

Comment

• Flyboy254
              • Nov 2013

Well the descriptions of a lot of fairy tale deaths are pretty damn graphic. Snow White's evil queen being forced to dance to her death in red-hot iron shoes, Bluebeard's back room full of wives, Hansel and Gretel's burned witch, shit's gonna get real graphic real fast. Of course, for the first kill it would undoubtedly be an old lady, eaten by a wolf, who is then cut in half with a wood axe.

Comment

• Vent0
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Flyboy254 View Post
                Alternatively, he's just imagining the wolf and he's mentally unstable.
                Oh, I can't believe I forgot - a Goetia of Fairy-Tales.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• SunlessNick
                  • Nov 2013

Do you have Antagonists? There's a critter in that called a Beast of Bethlehem that works pretty well for this (it even has a plot hook along similar lines). It's basically a wolf-like embodiment of "bad vibes."

Comment

• No One of Consequence
                    • Jan 2017

I have this weird image in my head of Sleeping Beauty crossed with the Sloth murder from SE7EN and Rapunzel crossed with Poe's "The Cask of Amontillado".

That and Goldilocks being eaten by bears.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• Mangle77
                      • May 2015

I'm reminded of the "Sixpence Killer", quoted on the back cover of Slashers.

Also, I seem to recall some rather disturbing toys made by Todd McFarland, based on nursery rhymes and fairy tales, including Peter Pumpkin-eater having dismembered his wife in order to fit her inside that pumpkin shell...
                      Last edited by Mangle77; 12-04-2017, 07:50 PM.

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."
                      I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.

Comment

Working...